Turbo or regular tournaments ?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turbos tournaments have higher variance because you enter the push fold phase faster, for that reason I prefer slow tournaments.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer regular tournaments, I do better in those tournaments, in turbo I stay out fast, it is clear that I play them badly and little by little I modify my strategy that is different from that of a regular tournament, the time will come that I do not care which one to play because I will be mastered both styles, well I hope so:p:p:p:p:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

pablow

pablow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate turbo ones. I understand they are good for people that dont have much time, but doesnt feel like I enjoy the game that way.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Regular tournaments are better for beginners less pressure with BB.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The turbo is more profitable. But more variance. Not so much more. Not "double"...But depends on the stack. If you have 100bb stack at the beginning, this is a very good tournament.

I mean more profitable, if we talk about $/hour. Ofs this tournaments will be always with lower ROI than the reg speed. If the stack and the buy in are the same. And the type of the tournaments.
For fun, I think turbo. Imo...

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play turbo, and sometimes even super-turbo with a short field, but when there are a lot of players, average or normal levels are better, they forgive more mistakes, while turbo is more dynamic and riskier.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course the regular tournament will have more hope and confidence :) the turbo is not the worst version of the game, in contrast to the Hyper... Hyper is designed for players from Asia or Latin America LoL =)

I prefer measured, calm, smart games. Remove the big panic at the table. Poker is a big element of luck, but it's not a lottery :) these are different games. Every hand to see 2-3 all-ins at the table is nonsense.. I think the idea with Hyper was not thought out or I do not understand the meaning.. Turbo is a great compromise between the level and speed of the game. I think this is a good option)

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do like turbo tournaments for the duration but enjoy regular tournaments for the skill of play less shoving.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo or regular tournaments?

Turbo tournaments are coin flips. Regular tournaments are more suitable for becoming a professional.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is no single format that is demonstrably better than another. However there are factors which will determine whether it is better FOR YOU.
If you are trying to earn an income playing poker, slower games can lower your hourly rate, which lowers your overall wages.
That said, Turbo and hyper-turbo put pressure on the nits and those people without something additional to bring to the game.
In the end, you still have to navigate your way through a large filed, against some strong players and against some weak folk you simply can't raise off top pair. You have to bring your best game, and be willing to adjust. It is the adjustments where the game is won and lost. Your basic strategy can get you to the final table, but the opponent-specific adjustments are what brings the stacks in front of you.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello people, well the question is simple, I wanted to know what is more profitable for you or what kind of tournaments you have more fun playing if the shift style or regular

In reality, you either love turbo MTTs or you hate them. To win turbo tournaments, you have to be willing to kick out early, play big pots, accept variance, deal with the inevitable bad beats, get aggressive, and wade through hundreds (maybe even thousands) of events. Therefore, you have to choose))

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a long-term increase in buy-in...

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I prefer regular tournaments. I love knockout tournaments:)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello people, well the question is simple, I wanted to know what is more profitable for you or what kind of tournaments you have more fun playing if the shift style or regular

I played all of them. It is more profitable for me when the blinds grow slowly, because you can get involved in the tournament, understand how your opponents play.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I generally have fun playing poker no matter which tournament, but in most cases I prefer Sit & Go tournaments or MTT tournaments.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I love both of them. When u dont have a lot of time, but u wanna play a fast tournament, then a turbo is the right...When u plan a long grind for example at night, than there are deep freezeouts the right decision ;)

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If I have enough time,I prefer to play normal tournaments.I`ve always considered turbo games a little bit lucky.I mean a luck is a obligatory component in fast games.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, tournaments in normal mode are quieter, less dispersive and give you an opportunity to show your skills, but you must be able to play fast tournaments if you want to develop as a player.:)

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally regular, but I choose turbo SNGs when I don't have much time to play.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the longer the blinds the better. My style (squeaky tight) does not fit Turbo.

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't do great in turbos at all. I can't get the hang of them. They obviously have more variance. There is too much just all in or folding for my taste.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
regular for me . more skill based

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly prefer turbos.
I dont like 10h tourneys

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly depends. I don’t like turbos in ps, because a lot of players jam most of their hands. I do that occasionally, but only with reasonable hands, as most of them are maniacs jamming with any pair. I once saw 72o. That really surprised me, but I like the speed because regular could last up to 13 hrs.