Turbo freeroll poker tournament

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On several occasions freeroll tournaments are organized where the prize is limited to a number of tickets less than 10, how could a beginner player face this type of tournaments when the initial chips are few and there are many aggressive players? What would be a strategy that let you stay in the game?

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Go all in few times in the earliest hands until you double up. Then if you double up you got decent chance and enough chips to play with to make it up there.. and if you don't double up then you don't waste time playing the tourney :).

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all in few times in the earliest hands until you double up. Then if you double up you got decent chance and enough chips to play with to make it up there.. and if you don't double up then you don't waste time playing the tourney :).

Best advice I've seen. I'd seen players doing this and thought they were nutz but this is THE way to play.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... I'm not one to play turbo tournaments .... I don't like them .... due to the speed at which the blinds increase, the tournament becomes more of a bingo game than poker .... and it's normal now you have to take more risks to increase your chips or you will be out ...! that simple ....! but the essence of the lost strategic game of poker is lost a bit ...! that's why I don't like that kind of tournaments ...! However, there is nothing left but to adapt ...!

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
almost from the beginning allin/fold till you have enough stack, you can wait for ideal situation, hands, basically in turbos I have no exception, under 20BB it is allin/fold, you can't really manage it differently, as the blinds eat you...

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait for the right time

On several occasions freeroll tournaments are organized where the prize is limited to a number of tickets less than 10, how could a beginner player face this type of tournaments when the initial chips are few and there are many aggressive players? What would be a strategy that let you stay in the game?
best strategy is to have a lot of calm and patience because it always turns into good cards and then its time to enter don't be paying bets with low hands don't waste chips without having strong hands the secret is in patience and wait for the right moment to hit

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this case I recommend that the player be tight

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now there is one of those in pokerstars and it is very good, even if there are only 10 entries I have participated in 5 entry tournaments and I have won so 10 is not bad, go ahead, it can be achieved ;)

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play carefully and maximize the expected value of your opponents from the very beginning of the tournament. Mark players who are too tight or come-o-fold (goes preflop but folds to continuation but misses).
Take your time to put all-in early
At the beginning of a tournament, you will often encounter inadequate all-ins and huge bets. Some players will push any two cards, others will try to play against loose all-ins with Broadway cards, etc. Your job is not to interfere with this. Thus, preflop exposure can only be left for very strong hands.
If you have 50 or more big blinds in your stack, you can raise and go all in with QQ, KK and AA. In this comparison, you will almost always have an edge. The fewer the blinds in the stack, the more hands you can push. For example, with a stack of 30bb it already makes sense to put up preflop with AQs, AK, TT +.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
The most appropriate strategy in a tournament with small stacks is to use the value of the position with connecting hands and premium since, as you say, most are aggressive and always try to steal blinds using this strategy of waiting this time of hands will help you control better your stack of chips and be able to advance in this type of tournaments

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the initial stages play premium games and in the final stages learn the push and fold strategy.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather add that the speed increasing destroys the strategy. Poker becomes like a lottery (just by bringing faster rake to the rooms). I hate hyper speeds and don't like turbo.

So, my advise to win - use luck.... Good luck.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather add that the speed increasing destroys the strategy. Poker becomes like a lottery (just by bringing faster rake to the rooms). I hate hyper speeds and don't like turbo.

So, my advise to win - use luck.... Good luck.

Totally agree
Exactly what I was going to post ;)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play such tournaments many times.And I have the impression that only a brave and lucky person can win or get to the prizes.In these tournaments, there are additional entries-rebuys.Probably this is what these tournaments are designed for, so that players pay money, thereby increasing the opportunity to get into prizes.I have never managed to get into the prizes in these freerolls-to be honest.And I was no longer interested in them.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't treat free tournaments like that - often it's just a lottery

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Probably the only possible strategy in such tournaments is to play aggressively, but that does not mean you can play with junk. In tournaments of this type, your result depends more on your luck than on your skill.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to know your all in range very well.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In these tournaments patience is important, the other players will be betting all their chips with low hands just to try to increase their stack quickly, this you have to take advantage of trying to play strong hands

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are especiall tournaments, especially when there are a lot of participants and the prizes are several tickets to big competitions. I think, in this situation, it is impossible to find the best option for the game, except for luck at the beginning of the tournament. You need to wait only for the best card and try to win several all-in games. Only then do you pause for the rest of the crazy players to fly out and continue to gradually increase the pot, using your strategy for playing in large tournaments.

It is not easy to rebuild in this tournament, when you were able to win a lot of all-in games to return to the normal rhythm of the game, but if you do not do this, luck will turn away from you and you will leave the tournament. If short, luck, luck and again good luck, can give you a chance to fight for small but valuable prizes. I think it is impossible to apply the usual style of playing poker from the beginning of the tournament.. You will be disappointed :) good luck, it's very not easy))

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players are in such tournaments ready to fly out in the first couple of minutes after the start. Push their foreheads together. Your rivals destroy each other, and you advance further. That's good for you. I'm looking for moments to watch the flop as cheaply as possible without risk. Good positions are the button and the blinds.