Tournaments with unlimited reentries.

N

Naruba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this type of tournaments, what would be a criterion for the amount of reentries to use?:confused:

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't re-enter more than once . After that you have to run deep just to get your fee back and the blinds are too high for the starting stack . But if the buy-in is low enough and the blinds aren't too high I will occasionally re-enter a third time .

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any late (re)entry puts you at some amount of disadvantage. You'll be starting as a below average stack, with fewer BBs and needing to play catch up. The reasons you would want to rebuy in the face of those disadvantages might include 1) you still think you're significantly better than the field; 2) you know something about your opponents you want to exploit; or 3) you don't have time to wait for another tournament to start. With that in mind, it would be very hard to come up with a one-size-fits-all metric for deciding when a rebuy is worth it. That decision has to be a (well-informed) judgment call.

S

stoneryder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I hate this type of tournament.I prefer micro tourneys with cheap buy in.
The hot 600$ gtd 55c buy in I love.I play it almost every week.The sit go 50c biy in 45 players I found good results playing it either.
Only freerolls.. freerolls and freerolls I stoped playing.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reentry mean, you finished the tournament, and if you buy in again, you start all over at a new random table. So for this kind of tournament I would basically just look in the lobby and see, what is available, that I might want to play.

If I got coolered in the first 1-2 blind levels, then there was probably a reason, I choose this tournament, and that reason is still valid. However if I have already been playing for an hour, maybe a new tournament has already started, or will soon begin, which I would now prefer.

Currently I play at 888 Poker, where there is no reentry but instead rebuy. This add another important element, where my decision will depend a lot on, weather or not I like my current table. If there are some huge fish, I usually rebuy and hope to not be moved to another table anytime soon. If on the other hand there are only solid regulars, then I typically just register for another tournament instead.

Other reasons to not rebuy include, if I want to close down the session, if I am tilted from the way, I busted, or if a more attractive tournaments is starting soon. In general I try to not rebuy to much, which also work as a form of bankroll management. Rebuy on every single opportunity can lead to racking up some really big losses in a session.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live tournaments the minimum prize is at least two times bigger than buy-in.
This rule is often abused in online poker, still I would like to win something reasonable.
For example if the entry fee is $1 and the minimum prize $2, I would not pay another dollar to re-enter. Of course if the top prizes are attractive I could set the limit to say $3, which means two reentries possible.
This decision is made before the game.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the reentries actually make the prize pool.. thats why its a ehhh lost of words lols

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
none, take advantage of all pairs, AK, and AX and throw up !!! go with everything .... and use the reentries on those occasions!

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the tournament but max entries would be 2 maybe 3 if its a special tournament like a bounty etc... otherwise i would stick to 1

and try another tournament :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any late (re)entry puts you at some amount of disadvantage. You'll be starting as a below average stack, with fewer BBs and needing to play catch up. The reasons you would want to rebuy in the face of those disadvantages might include 1) you still think you're significantly better than the field; 2) you know something about your opponents you want to exploit; or 3) you don't have time to wait for another tournament to start. With that in mind, it would be very hard to come up with a one-size-fits-all metric for deciding when a rebuy is worth it. That decision has to be a (well-informed) judgment call.

Great answer here and I agree! Was going to post something similar (though I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to articulate it as well as CJ did) :)

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I register on 15 minutes before the end of buying, and I play agressively with the good hands, so aggressively by putting allin with the monsters, at these times, players already picked up a good stack and they will not follow you at 15 minutes from the end, that is in any case my strategy successful pretty good, but when i have a good bankroll

Last edited:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I rarely use the re-entry option. If I get knocked out in the 1st level is most likely the only time I would re-enter. The problem is that if you de use the option and the payouts are deep as many are online, you may need to go very deep and possible get to the final table in you buy in 3 time or more.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem is that if you de use the option and the payouts are deep as many are online, you may need to go very deep and possible get to the final table in you buy in 3 time or more.

It should not matter to our decision, if it will be difficult to turn a profit in the tournament. That would be like a cash game player not wanting to stay on a good table, because he got coolered a few times, and now its unlikely, he can finish the session with a profit. Ending with a small loss is better than ending with a big loss, regardless if we play cash or tournaments.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this type of tournaments, what would be a criterion for the amount of reentries to use?:confused:

I think this is normal practice. Re-entry in the tournament. I am already pleased sadly. Re-entry = late registration in the tournament. Accept it) you need to learn to beat this system.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't re-enter more than once it s difficult to turn a profit in the tournament.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone has played for the Sunday storm satellite that is worth $ 0.1 on Sunday mornings at pokerstars? If you did, then, you will know that these tournaments are a headache haha, the first hour of the tournament, they all go all-in with whatever hand they have, some win others lose some are very lucky and then lose everything, etc, etc, the point is that to advance in these tournaments, sometimes you also have to do the same, be very patient and wait for the end of the first hour and a half to start playing real poker. Then with a little luck, you can advance to the final tables where you will surely earn a good pass to participate in the Sunday Storm Tournament, how much can one spend? Well, for a penny each re-entry, make some numbers :D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I hate unlimited reentries , one is good enough , more no good for your bankroll or winrate , imo . Also I like more the reentry rather than the rebuy (to get away from that table where I lost before for many reasons :))

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind unlimited (especially at the micro level). If I enter late I expect to go a couple of bullets to get a double triple up off a 10-15 bb starting stack, then see what happens. If I'm playing more conservatively, then I welcome the shoving with sub optimal hands and I'll call with something good. :)

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
It is about the modality that if you are eliminated from the tournament you have a re-entry number while you meet the requirements of said tournament as it can be effective to pay the entrance or tickets the majority of these tournaments ends the income to finish the late registration

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to use reentries. If I use, is only because of a bad bet.

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm currently playing micro tournaments at ACR, I don't like to enter again because if I lose all my chips at the beginning of the tournament, it means that I got a bad beat (in most cases). With that, I'm going to be stressed enough to get back into the game and lose everything again.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I use reentries in special tournaments,up to 4 times,but know that it`s not the perfect strategy.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is better without re-entry, players do not go all-in without hesitation:smile::smile::smile:

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play those unlimited rebuys , but I join them when late registration is almost done. I really dont like them though, cause everyone plays bingo in them. I dont like that though, so many times I entered them early. And I dont get very lucky, I lose alot that way. So now I always get in tournaments last minute, it works better for myself.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i only play that tournaments if i have a lot of money and play with very small amount ,cause sometimes you have to buy maybe 10 times and more