Tournament late registration.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is not bad, but if you have a rebuy during this period as well, many players will play in a different style. In this case, they are more likely to call and raise with each card. And if it comes in, they will have the advantage of being hard to play for the late arrivals.

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournament late reg

I am not a big of late registration, however, it depends on what level you are registering so that it affects your game, I mean if you register very late on the last levels you only have the chance of one all in, and if you are not lucky enough you are gonna waste the entire rebuy on early-stage it is normal to join. always look at the starting chips and the chip leader chips so that you can calculate your odds of winning this tourney

Marcus_Trivinho

Marcus_Trivinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a big of late registration, however, it depends on what level you are registering so that it affects your game, I mean if you register very late on the last levels you only have the chance of one all in, and if you are not lucky enough you are gonna waste the entire rebuy on early-stage it is normal to join. always look at the starting chips and the chip leader chips so that you can calculate your odds of winning this tourney

Yes bro, whenever I register late, I use the following criteria to enter:

1- What is the level of the Blind

2- What was the starting stack of the tournament?

3- What is the players' average stack?

4- How long does each blind take?

:D

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In bounty tournaments it is sometimes better to join the game after the first break because there will be fewer crazy players who are ready to play with any two cards and the prize zone will not be far away.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
What you think about late registering to tournaments ?
Few weeks ago, i late registered at the last possible moment to the 1.1 hot tournament at pokerstars, and ended up becoming 3rd, managed to get 151$.
It is quite frustrating to play for an 1-2 hours and fall out without geting nothing.
While you max late reg, if you win couple all-ins, you are ITM.
So what you think ? Could you possible print money even if you will max late reg to every tournament ?

You are right! That's what I did notice too. When you start from the begging a big chance that you will be done by the end of the late reg, and when you register just a couple minutes before the end of registration 90% you be in ITM.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this question, as is the case with most of poker depends on a lot of things.

Generally, PKOs shouldn’t be late registered because some of the prize pool will already be take out in the form of bounties awarded but I tend to register a minute or two after is starts because I feel covering everyone except the person/people who won the first pot or two is worth more than the small chance you’ll get dealt a all in cooler on the first hand.

With regular tournaments I think it depends where you think your edge comes from. If you have an edge on the field deep then you should register as early as possible. If you have a really strong 40bb game then you can hop in there any maybe look to play a few more tournaments a day.

I will tend to play a large amount of the registration period of the tournaments I’m planning on playing, but I will late reg some others, especially when I think I can make the money pretty easily with the pay structure.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you don't have a lot of time to play, late registration is very good, as it allows us to play less time and get to the prize pool. I think it's cool to have late tournament registration.

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always late reg online but when I play live it's always early bird

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to avoid it. I like to abuse the guys early who all inning with bad hands on low stake tournaments to build a good chip amount early.

madbeeet

madbeeet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for myself, I choose only late registration, I don't like playing at small stakes. just as much fish shoves with any two. which often irritates) only late only hardcore)

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the earlier you join -> the more hands you'll be dealt -> the more the chances to win.

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for myself, I choose only late registration, I don't like playing at small stakes. just as much fish shoves with any two. which often irritates) only late only hardcore)

I agree with you , I like playing late registration tournament , in my opinion registering from the begging of a tournament it's a lost of time .
I like to play 20-25 bb poker it's more easy and fun for me , then 100-200 bb raising 3x and all tables call me .
That's just my opinion .

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Late registration is a good thing.:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree, late registration is a good thing

L

LEV1ATHAN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like tournaments with very long late registrations. Half an hour is ideal for me. Those players who are simply late will have time to register.

What tournament do you play has only a half hour late reg. Not trying to insult but curious because the late reg I'm normally used to is 2 to 4 hours typically.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What tournament do you play has only a half hour late reg. Not trying to insult but curious because the late reg I'm normally used to is 2 to 4 hours typically.
Ideals are often unattainable

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think late registrations arent very good. I always made losses with those buy ins but its up to you. I'll never signup for late registration again except its 1-10 minutes in :D
The same situation, with late registrations, even randomness was not on my side - frequent bad beats against large stacks.