Can tournament have add-ons and do not have rebuys?

A

Ammon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering if there are such type of tournaments that have no rebuy period, but do have add-ons. The platforms I usually frequent(PP, PS, GG) do not have these - or I'm not exactly observant.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such tournaments as you have in mind are really rare, I have never seen such tournaments in online poker, but in offline poker there are.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have also not heard about such a format. I think, the main idea with the R+A format is to generate a lot of action and rebuys, and not allowing rebuys would definitely go against this.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering if there are such type of tournaments that have no rebuy period, but do have add-ons. The platforms I usually frequent(PP, PS, GG) do not have these - or I'm not exactly observant.

yes, of course, not quite so. there are tournaments on pokerstars where only 1 rebuy and addon are used. and this is a very good approach in my opinion. endless re-buys and reentries seem unprofitable to me

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Freezeout tournaments are a type of tournament in which the player, losing all his chips, cannot make a re-purchase, and therefore leaves the game. In these types of tournaments, you cannot make a rebuy or add-on. Such tournaments are found in almost every big series like SCOOP or similar series !!!!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could, technically, not re-buy and just take the add-on. That's basically what I do, but I always buy-in late, right before re-buy period ends.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just watched the tournaments on pokerstars and did not see any rebuy or re-entries in the Hot and Big tournaments !!!

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments

Hello, I think the game will be better equilibrium, if there are no add-ons, will discipline the players and be more interesting.
��