weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
hello everyone , well i play at really random times everytime and i noticed that at some times there are fewer players , but at the same time poker sites arent stupid neither , they give less money for the same tournament that happens to be at a certain time. i just wondered if someone who is playing a lot noticed a tournament that have a good prizepool for not much players ? ( on pokerstars )
wish a good day to all members )

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon. If this is the case, the more people who score, the more the prize will obviously depend a lot on the local schedules of each country, for example, in Russia or brazil, where there are more players.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
wish i could found a tournament with gtd prize pool , and no much players , easy fast wins XD

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what you are talking about are overlays. They almost never happen on PS... unless it's some megamillion 22$ tourney or common cent MTTs. Most tourneys taht have a HUGE prize pool are the that atreck (timewise) alot of players so Big 11 will have 1k for 1st in the morning and 4K in the evening (EU time) but you play agains 2K+ players instead of ~500. If you are lloking for overlays try series on sites like Party,888,ACR.... somewer else.
And GL

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
well thanks for the explanation ,i like pokerstars too much to leave it for overlays ^^
another question by the way , with all these new players mostly playing with the same strategies that they read at pokerstars school or other sites ( only playing big hands and playing agressive ), it is not that hard to spot and counter them , you think its a good strategie ? or just having his playstyle vs whoever is better ?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what PS school offers is ABC - ots good. you will beat some MTTs but as you get better so do players. I mean you would not expect to beat 0.55 big as 2100$ PKO right? =)
ABC is good for strters - you dont get into marginal sports. You dont play T7s from SB and end up thinking what to do on the flop. But as you said yourself when you knwo that you op is playing only 15% of hands raises 10% and basicaly has no 3bet you are prining money by 3beting wider/overfolding on shoves and limping behind with suited trash.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that poker rooms usually look for those tournaments with a guaranteed good prize at a time when there is a lot of player traffic, I guess they have statistics of players per country, hours and all that

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
True asedu , well i will just practice as much as i can to get back to my old level at least because i am not playing that good anymore :(
pancho_1954 yes they see how many players online and set their tournaments according to that and reduce the prizepools when its off the rush hours.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that at pokerstars you will not find tournaments with a small number of players at any time. There are always a lot of participants. If you want to find tournaments with a guarantee that is not blocked by the players' contributions - you need to pay attention to other poker rooms.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt that you will be able to find a tournament with a high prize pool and a small number of players. Sites do not benefit from such tournaments. With high prize and a small number of players, tournaments are held only for players taking part in promotions or performing various tasks. Such tasks can give forums with their own freerolls at poker rooms

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's only evening, but i'm sick and tired to wake up at 3-5pm and sometimes 6-7pm. I have question to early birds playas- is it ok to star playing at the morning when most productive time for brain working(9-12am)? I'm talking about yer state of health and profit

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The best time to play when you feel good and can show your best game.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i noticed that at 4 am (gmt) is the time where there is the least players on tournament , but it doesnt suit my timing , so i guess i just follow your advices and just play when i feel good and in a winning mood )

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best advice is to improve your poker game and find the buy in that your comfortable in. Enjoy the game, bro....

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
well im training on freerolls as much as i can , since i lost my 3 last deposits ^^ , i better upgrade my skills before playing for money again , many years i didnt play , i lost my abc's ^^ , good luck for everyone on the games.