Which of these MTT books should i choose?

B

bozen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, i thought of reading 2-3 books before starting to watch any videos to get the fundamentals in place. Which books are still valid today? I did some searching and found that many recommend these books but i dont know which ones i should go for.

Harrington on Hold'em: Volume 1-3
Harrington on Modern Tournaments
Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker Vol. 1-3 by Jonathan Little
Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time Vol.1-3

Kill Phil - Kill everyone - Raiser's Edge
Every Hand Revealed by Gus Hansen
Arnold Snyder Poker Tournament Formula ½
"Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" by David Sklansky

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go with Little's book.
It's pretty good and gives you some good techniques that not too many amateur players know about.

W

WaxDabMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have worked with Harrington 1-3 and find them essential to the fundamentals. Growing from there, I have heard good things on the Jonathan Little material, and also the Kill Phil stuff!
Let us know what you choose and what you think of them. I may be looking in some new books in the future as well!

Best of Luck!

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't go wrong with harringtons books. He even has a new tournament book out as well that I have not read but plan to. He is very thorough and gives you great fundamentals. Sklanskys advanced is also another solid book. The mental game of poker volume 1 & 2 are great books that can help in learning this game. Enjoy the journey!

D

dturner100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington's books are always the best.
I read all of his tournament series a long time ago and loved them.
I've actually thought about checking out the modern tournaments as well.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My take on what you posted:

Harrington on Hold'em: Volume 1-3 1 + 2 very good, gives a great insight to the thought process behind a hand. Maybe you would make different decisions in certain games today, but a very good read, still. Volume 3 is ok, 1+2 are where the real info is IMO

Harrington on Modern Tournaments Havent read it.

Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker Vol. 1-3 by Jonathan Little Havent read anything by him, have heard good things.

Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time Vol.1-3 I know book 1+2 are very good. I dont know 3.

Kill Phil - Kill everyone - Raiser's Edge: Read Raisers edge. Good book. Dont know the kill Phil series

Every Hand Revealed by Gus Hansen Heard mixed reviews, many not so good, I havent read it.

Arnold Snyder Poker Tournament Formula ½ He has a very donkish strategy, although there are some good insights to aggressive playing. I do not, however, really recommend his stuff.

"Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" by David Sklansky: Good, book, worth the read.