Is there strategy in free games?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker players we know that inline poker grows every day looking at how much offer ... The field is getting bigger and varied. But we also know that only 10% of players take a slice of the prize, it seems impossible to arrive regularly in the prizes the variance and very large, however the only way to decrease the variance is playing correctly. So I ask you: What is your strategy for freeroll? Are you getting results? Let's share experiences and add knowledge ... I've gotten 4 freeroll final tables in the last week and I have improved my performance a lot so I say it's possible to start a band with no money.

A

alannalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is the good one

Usually I play ase a mad dog in the first turn, my first good hand have to be to do an all in. if i have a good hand i'll put everything on the table, and after that i try to keep myself between the tables average. Working like this i had get few prizes in freeroll, I hope help you. Good luck on your play dude

Mycetism

Mycetism

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The freeroll poker is quite different. The first hours is mostly random all-in and people fishing. The best way to use this at your advantage is to play the same freeroll at the same time all the time, you will eventualy know players and add notes so you know which one is a ''Regular'' who play more serious poker and the other with random name that you don't recognize which could play any still but mostly random crazy all-in. I've accumulated almost 800$ just by playing freeroll in a year or two. Patience is the key. And since everyone is waiting for crazy hand, aggressiveness is very important, especially in the late stage and near the button where everyone want to win that small share and will fold to stay alive and wait for that other guy to die and win nothing. If you want to win a small part of the share regularly : just play the big hand and fold to everything. If you are aiming for the top table you'll have to play wise poker and adjust from the weird begining stage to the late stage poker. It would be wise to abuse the near the button stage if you are ahead in chips. And then the last table will feel like a normal money table but some people lose patience and just go all in with nothing. It's poker so any hand can win anyway it's moslty a mind game.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to start out slow. The first 20/30 minutes of a free roll is just everyone going all in

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks

Usually I play ase a mad dog in the first turn, my first good hand have to be to do an all in. if i have a good hand i'll put everything on the table, and after that i try to keep myself between the tables average. Working like this i had get few prizes in freeroll, I hope help you. Good luck on your play dude
Hi, thank you. Good luck too! I have noticed that sometimes this strategy works ... but I realize that it is not possible to suffer so much the variance playing more cautiously ... it is logical that in the same way sometimes we end up losing with good hands but it is part. this strategy is called playing the hammer but you have to play the premium hand push fold

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably best to keep away from the first level. Several people going all in every hand. Even if you've got pocket aces, only play them in position or try to slow down the action because, more often than not, you are going to be facing four or five all ins and the chances of being bad beat are high.

After a while you can start to play poker as it's meant to be played. Since the levels are usually very short time-wise, you should probably adopt a looser and more agressive style or the blinds will bring you down very fast.

In the end, especially near the bubble, everyone starts playing every hand really slowly and using their time banks to try and outlive the other short stacks. If you managed to build a good stack up to this point, you could use it to your advantage by applying little pressure and stealing blinds, since the short stacks will most definitely fold.

After the bubble burst the all in hype comes back and you should try to pick good spots to profit.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only with connectors and top cards. Not more than 20%

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preference is given to a tight aggressive style he brings results...

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great

The freeroll poker is quite different. The first hours is mostly random all-in and people fishing. The best way to use this at your advantage is to play the same freeroll at the same time all the time, you will eventualy know players and add notes so you know which one is a ''Regular'' who play more serious poker and the other with random name that you don't recognize which could play any still but mostly random crazy all-in. I've accumulated almost 800$ just by playing freeroll in a year or two. Patience is the key. And since everyone is waiting for crazy hand, aggressiveness is very important, especially in the late stage and near the button where everyone want to win that small share and will fold to stay alive and wait for that other guy to die and win nothing. If you want to win a small part of the share regularly : just play the big hand and fold to everything. If you are aiming for the top table you'll have to play wise poker and adjust from the weird begining stage to the late stage poker. It would be wise to abuse the near the button stage if you are ahead in chips. And then the last table will feel like a normal money table but some people lose patience and just go all in with nothing. It's poker so any hand can win anyway it's moslty a mind game.
I have identified myself a lot with your answer! It is well the line that I have followed and it has worked ... It helped me a lot and complemented some more things. I have also noticed that in the intermediate faze even the final freeroll tournament do not work more sophisticated games that in a stronger field would work ... Bluffs are paid mostly often only with over cards .... I conclude as soon as simple playing and little lying will help in performanc

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the same game in regardless of the input value, I look for hands with development and bluffs with sense

M

mrmb97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
need luck at first round
all in to x2 or x3 your stack then wait to get big and play

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks verygood

It's probably best to keep away from the first level. Several people going all in every hand. Even if you've got pocket aces, only play them in position or try to slow down the action because, more often than not, you are going to be facing four or five all ins and the chances of being bad beat are high.

After a while you can start to play poker as it's meant to be played. Since the levels are usually very short time-wise, you should probably adopt a looser and more agressive style or the blinds will bring you down very fast.

In the end, especially near the bubble, everyone starts playing every hand really slowly and using their time banks to try and outlive the other short stacks. If you managed to build a good stack up to this point, you could use it to your advantage by applying little pressure and stealing blinds, since the short stacks will most definitely fold.

After the bubble burst the all in hype comes back and you should try to pick good spots to profit.
Thanks great

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thankyou

I play the same game in regardless of the input value, I look for hands with development and bluffs with sense
yes if playing correctly with certainty will diminish the effects of the variance in both freeroll and higher stakes ... but note that there is a small adjustment in the eestrtegia that gets you ahead even with opponents accustomed to higher limits. Put the Negreanu to play 30 freerolls from the poked stars league and see how many he's going to score?

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo freerolls with big fields are very specific. Many players goes all in in first hand, so you should play very tight at first levels

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've switched from pokerstars software to party poker and I'm happy with the result if I look at my chart I will see that I play all types of entry.
yes if playing correctly with certainty will diminish the effects of the variance in both freeroll and higher stakes ... but note that there is a small adjustment in the eestrtegia that gets you ahead even with opponents accustomed to higher limits. Put the Negreanu to play 30 freerolls from the poked stars league and see how many he's going to score?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes... be the first to shove. :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just try to play just like in a good tournament. I carefully select a card and rarely try to bluff.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I have been playing cardschat freerolls for 3 months and during this time only a couple of times sitting at the final table,and to win is generally a pipe goal! I don't know what Freeroll theory to use and where to get it to win this damn tournament! I already think that poker is not for me!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
real

I've switched from Pokerstars software to Party Poker and I'm happy with the result if I look at my chart I will see that I play all types of entry.
and party poker game is also really the field and a little better and I like the structures also play 888 poker too ... but the partypoker has been facing a series of technical problems which makes me think not to be very reliable

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do not be discouraged, it's possible

Hi! I have been playing cardschat freerolls for 3 months and during this time only a couple of times sitting at the final table,and to win is generally a pipe goal! I don't know what Freeroll theory to use and where to get it to win this damn tournament! I already think that poker is not for me!
hello have a look at the above posts already have some good tips and it accompanies that will appear more

A

alannalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your feedback

You are sure, but I played like this because usually I don't play frequently freerolls usually I have some money in my account and freeroll usually is more to chill out sometimes. Anyway thanks for your feedback about my play :) best luck to us

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience, play the position, do not limp

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls or not? Type of Play?

Rock-Paper-Scissors.
Chips-Cards-Position

I track my stats. Know what position what type hole cards have worked most for me and play tight-very aggressive. I will also suggest a book for those interested called, "The Poker Tournament Formula" by Arnold Snyder, published by Cardoza and published in 2006.

As far as freerolls, I feel if you love it, then you love it. If you don't, ya don't. I will say one thing for sure, CardsChat has added a whole gracious chapter to my poker life and I enjoy it very much. I am very grateful.:congrats:

Good luck at your games and may they be enjoyable.

Dan'O:driver:

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is a stragety in every game of play. In freerolls it is DONK,DONK, then DONK.

Top 10 Games