Tell me What you think of this call.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all just a hand im not to sure about see what yall think. Ok!
Blinds are 50/100 in an Mtt tourney. I have Q 10 clubs preflop and i raise it to 2.5 bb on the Cut-off with 45+ Bigs behind and the button with 12 bb shoves.

Getting almost 2 to 1 for my pot odds i called and lost to A 7 spades. ace hit the turn.
It was just after the Late Reg was over.

Would you have called that or just folded?? Was It ok for me to make that call there?
hope for some good convo.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey eagle. Interesting spot.

45BB open, BTN ALL in

QT is opening that spot with you stack 100% of the time.

The villain has only 12BB. His range is getting you all in with any Ax suited (Please, do have a range for call. This you can find in books like Modern Poker Theory and also in paid websites for pre-flop action).

The call is in my opinion very loose and it proves in micro stakes not very profitable.

Ranges to call all-ins would have that QTs very borderline and risky. I would have folded.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cool

Hey eagle. Interesting spot.

45BB open, BTN ALL in

QT is opening that spot with you stack 100% of the time.

The villain has only 12BB. His range is getting you all in with any Ax suited (Please, do have a range for call. This you can find in books like Modern Poker Theory and also in paid websites for pre-flop action).

The call is in my opinion very loose and it proves in micro stakes not very profitable.

Ranges to call all-ins would have that QTs very borderline and risky. I would have folded.

I Did figure it was pretty iffy and considered the range i was just not sure if it was borderline ok or just a bad call in the long run. It feels like my range is balanced i mean i havent lost any money yet live or online. seem to do well in the micros thanks agains for the food for thought. Keep stacking my friend.

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello all just a hand im not to sure about see what yall think. Ok!
Blinds are 50/100 in an Mtt tourney. I have Q 10 clubs preflop and i raise it to 2.5 bb on the Cut-off with 45+ Bigs behind and the button with 12 bb shoves.

Getting almost 2 to 1 for my pot odds i called and lost to A 7 spades. ace hit the turn.
It was just after the Late Reg was over.

Would you have called that or just folded?? Was It ok for me to make that call there?
hope for some good convo.
I'm a fold:joyman:

pit85

pit85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad dession for me , more patience ,few more hands and probably you will get better hand

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi,
Thanks for posting your question.

If you're able to post the exact blinds, stack sizes & your perceived range of villain here, I can give you a better response.

Basically you can just calculate how much equity you're going to need to make the call... and then you can see how much equity your hand has vs. your perceived range of villain in this spot. This will give you an answer of whether or not it is +ev... but keeping in mind this would be +cEV (chip equity) which doesn't always translate to tournament equity... although in this spot it's still early going so making the call based on it being +cEV is reasonable.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If we're getting 2to1 here on the call, we're needing 33% equity vs. perceived range.

The range I put villain on (without knowing how they were playing), put QTs at having 41% making it an easy call.

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, it should be a fold 95% of the time.

Poker Tells