Tell me how to play in the beginnings of such tournaments as Sunday million ?

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played the Sunday Million tournament yesterday and took off at the beginning. Tell me how to play in the beginnings of such tournaments ?

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that to play those tournaments in the beginning you should have a conservative and not so aggressive style of player until you accumulate a good stack of chips and stay in the average almost always while you are playing it, it is a one-entry tournament a bit expensive and even So the field is large, many players play and at the beginning as they all have the same stack of chips with a bit slow levels that are perfect for a good strategy with patience, you should play your Brodways hands with caution until your strong pairs like QQ KK and even AA since at the beginning of these types of events everyone starts with a good stack of chips and some players want to see a lot of hands with small and medium pairs and can get their projects and trios (set) and can get a bit complicated .

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that to play those tournaments in the beginning you should have a conservative and not so aggressive style of player until you accumulate a good stack of chips and stay in the average almost always while you are playing it, it is a one-entry tournament a bit expensive and even So the field is large, many players play and at the beginning as they all have the same stack of chips with a bit slow levels that are perfect for a good strategy with patience, you should play your Brodways hands with caution until your strong pairs like QQ KK and even AA since at the beginning of these types of events everyone starts with a good stack of chips and some players want to see a lot of hands with small and medium pairs and can get their projects and trios (set) and can get a bit complicated .

Thank you ! Very good advice! It was on the set that they caught me with my AK:(

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Early tournament - tight as a drum.

Middle Tournament - tight, but with a few exploitative plays vs identified nits in the blinds/players who do not defend.

Bubble - If you are on a tight table, open up. If you are at a loose table, tighten up.

Late/Final - Be careful of your own weaknesses. Get your money in first rather than calling a shove. Be looking to only play hands where you will be comfortable getting it all in.

Never try to bluff a fish/call-station...Jacks are trash at all stages of the tourney until the become a set...and even then they get killed by straights and flushes.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
SUNDAYMILLION

play without worry as it's just another tournament like any other. Make sure that this type of tournament only has Pro players. And some drunk Russians:eek::D

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Play tight early as others have suggested. Do not over play AK or this hand will bust you out too often. When you catch a monster then slow play to let opponents catch something so you can maximize number of chips in pot - don't worry about opponent chasing that draw to beat you as odds in your favour and worth the risk. Good luck in all your races...

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play too tight in the middle of the tournament, you will most likely struggle for survival, playing only the best hands will give your opponent too many opportunities to exploit you. play in a balanced and unpredictable way, of course, be more careful with the selection of starting hands.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I have not had the opportunity to play it !! I hope some day it will give me !!! regards

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any tournament,you have to accumulate enough chips to withstand the eventual badbeat you will sustain,,,only then will you run deep into a game. $$$ :deal:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing about the early phase on a tournament like Sunday Million and for that matter most other featured tournaments is, that you begin with rather deep stacks. I believe Sunday Million starts with 200BB. With stacks this deep you should have a very strong hand to stack off, and the main mistake, many tournament players make, is to not adjust their stack-off ranges enough from the more tournament typical 30-50BB range. So basically if you bust within the first 3-4 blind levels, it better have been some absolute pristine cooler situation like set over set, because otherwise you probably made a mistake.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played the Sunday Million tournament yesterday and took off at the beginning. Tell me how to play in the beginnings of such tournaments ?

Completely tight and aggressive. Or playing a lot (cheap) with well-combined cards..

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , very good advice from everyone, I haven't played that mtt, but have had others with deep stacks early on, they are indeed tricky to play, because at some level you get tempted to play the first few levels with a cash game range, and then later on as blinds get bigger, revert back to your usual mtt ranges ,
the main advice I could give is dont get sold on any hand early on, perhaps maybe AA , but even then you can proceed with caution and try to see a flop , this will allow you to temper variance a bit and fold in a lot of these spots for a cheap price.
getting pot committed in the first couple of hours (not levels lol) can be a disaster, especially with one or two pair hands, I mention hours because in the games I have gone deep in, I start measuring them in hours, and pace my stack and ranges accordingly, some of these need 8hrs+ , so it's a marathon , you can't win in the first few hours, but you can lose, so look at the whole length of the game, don't stress too much about stack sizes ( I've had so many where I've had so few chips it's crazy, but it grows, and grows until after 5hrs+ I even look back and wonder at the few chips I had early on)

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Remember there are many agros in these tourneys so early on you can call light with the small blinds but then be aggresive if you hit. Wait for good hands.Remember position is key.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that the main thing is patience and discipline. If you are a beginner then just don't play with junk.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should go very slow and steady with very good games since playing a lot of projects will inescapably take away chips in a very long tournament

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, it's very good in such tournaments, when you have a well-prepared plan for the game. I have never seen stupid or very risky players at the beginning of a tournament. A very slow, but wide game will be well suited for such tournaments, because the size of your initial pot is greatly increased relative to the blinds and you play very freely for about an hour and have more than one excellent opportunity to increase. Do not focus on the top pairs or very good hands, a slow and gradual game is the main task, that will allow you to confidently increase the pot. The main thing is not to be afraid to make a stupid fold and do not rush to quickly increase the pot on the table, when you are in the game, I have seen many times, when this error punishes players.. Gradually and very accurate game will bring you success and a good bank;)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play tight, control pots, hit with strong hands and control with weak hands.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing that happened to me in this tournament on Sunday was the following, in the first hand they gave me AA and I finished allin against a kk and I won, in the second hand they gave me AKs, they opened me up and decided to call, they had AA and they beat me Be careful with overbet plays, nobody gives 215usd.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play it like any deep stack tournament, slow and patient in beginning, with total concentration on other players, no distraction from outside, don’t play other tournaments in the same time, and you will need a luck on your side, to overcome bad beats and coolers.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better to register for the tournament as early as possible, preferably before the start. If you are a little late, that's okay, you don't have much to lose. But the sooner the better. There will be many weak players in this tournament and a significant number of micro-stakes that have made it through the satellites. By playing from the start, you will have a chance to collect their chips before they give them to others. And they will definitely give them away.Remember that level 1 starts at 200BB. When big bets are in play, you need to have a strong hand, that is, better than one pair. Let weak players outplay their AK or pair with raises with a high stack-to-pot ratio. We should be better off going into the pot cheap with speculative hands that can get big on the flop: small pairs, suited connectors, and suited ace hands. A game like this can pay great dividends in the pot against players who can't fold a pair or top pair.

Poker Tells