My strategy in MTT tournaments

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What strategy can one use on MTTs? In the first levels we must be quite passive aiming to double the amount of our chips, and for that we would only play with hands like AA, QQ, AK, KQ. and pairs from 10 onwards, those cards we have to play only when it does not compromise 20% of our stack, if we do not complete a trio on the flop we will only play cards like AK, KQ, AQ, seeking to link the pair which we will play with cautiously to try to double our stack, we can get into small pots with cards like 10, J. 9.10. of the same suit looking for a ladder or color, as the blinds increase, we have to become more aggressive in the game, playing forts from late positions like the last 3 positions,

What do you think about this strategy?

Remember to take care of your health, also that of your family stay at home.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The strategy is good! At an early stage I play according to such a strategy, and at a late stage I start playing aggressively!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My MTT strategy is a pretty simple one:
  • Get it in good, hold.
  • Get it in bad, suck out.
  • Repeat until victory.

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play conservatively early on in a tournament, before the antes kick in, because the early stage of a tournament is more about survival than about getting value. You can’t win the tournament in the early stage, but you can lose all your chips.

The middle stages are where the fun really starts. The players at your table will have varying chips stacks, which handcuffs you in some ways concerning your strategy.

If you have a big stack at the middle stage, you should be looking to protect it rather than act as the table bully. Once you get to the bubble stage this big stack will increase in value, as you can apply a lot of pressure to short-stacked opponents. If there is another big stack at your table, you need to play smarter when up against them.

You don’t want to be the person with a big stack who ends up on the bubble because you made a really goofy play and you let your ego take over.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
'There is more than one way to skin a cat'. Learn as many ways as possible and deploy as many as required.

Be prepared to adjust your play at any given moment, if you are able to observe and perceive what is happening around you.

:top:

K

KobeisBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressive throughout, maybe thats why I lose alot.lol

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always used to employ the strategy of never playing the first hand because nearly always there would be a few all ins. This served me well. I don't use it much anymore though.

Of course if you get dealt AA and are first to act you can usually get a few callers for an all in first hand.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments, I play tight and aggressive until I amass a chip lead. Then I play loose and aggressive to steal blinds and super tight post-flop.

So far, I usually make it to the top 10% of the field, but one or two bad calls is enough to tilt me. Right now, I’m working on really tightening my big stack playing mid-tournament. Best of luck!

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker tournaments is not easy, spending hours and hours focused on the good game with the expectation of being a champion is not for everyone, I really admire the champions. I have a dream of winning a big tournament, I have studied a lot and I basically know the theory of victory, the problem is getting into practice, having the responsibility to fold big hands is not for any player. Good luck at the tables.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker tournaments is not easy, spending hours and hours focused on the good game with the expectation of being a champion is not for everyone, I really admire the champions. I have a dream of winning a big tournament, I have studied a lot and I basically know the theory of victory, the problem is getting into practice, having the responsibility to fold big hands is not for any player. Good luck at the tables.

It is true, I have played online tournaments I have spent up to 3 hours in it and it is not easy the moment when one is exhausted.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and medium addressive strategy.
Do not be afrraid of small call with quiet weak cards to see the flop.

B

Brain Gainz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This has always been my strategy, however recently I've been doing some studying / reading, and a lot of people suggest playing more hands that have good implied odds in the early stages of a tournament because players are often deep stacked (we all usually start with 60-100BBs). So I think I am going to start trying this strategy out and see what happens. The kind of hands I'm talking about are low pocket pairs and suited connectors. From the research I've done, these kinds of hands are great for the early stages because if you do hit a hand, you can often stack your opponent and they won't see the hand coming.

For example, Let's say someone from MP opens and I call on the button with pocket 3s. The flop comes AJ3. Ax type hands make up a large portion of my opponents range, so it's likely they will call a cbet, or better yet raise me. From my experience, people often overvalue TPTK in low stakes tournaments. This makes for a great opportunity to bust someone. And if he has two pair, it's a done deal. I'm getting his stack.

That being said, I don't think the people suggesting this strategy are saying to put all your money in with a speculative hand. Obviously if I open something like 76s or pocket 3s and get 3bet or jammed on, I'm going to fold. But what the people suggesting this strategy are saying is that it's worth it to have to open / fold these kind of hands, or cbet the flop and give up, because the times you do hit, you can often get your opponents stack.

Maybe I'm slightly misinterpreting what the "experts" are saying, but the general idea makes sense and is something I hadn't really considered until now.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tournament starts, the blinds are small, and the game range is the largest!

Limiting yourself in the game at an early stage is not correct, use different options for the game to increase the pot! but remember not to play stupid! :) good luck ;)

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very tight in the begining of the tournament.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The tournament starts, the blinds are small, and the game range is the largest!

Limiting yourself in the game at an early stage is not correct, use different options for the game to increase the pot! but remember not to play stupid! :) good luck ;)

If that's what I'm putting into practice

edgarpm

edgarpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
la estrategia es buena para simplificarlo

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good in my opinion i would only play against active looser players those players who open with any card all the time would only play with value hands with AA KK QQ AKs and maybe raising JJ TT those 2 pairs most of the time and when everyone before you fold the pre flop hand you must bet 3 to 3 big, remembering that if you have a 3x raise the value of your bet you must fold.