Strategies used in Freerolls?

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the beginning, I play tight, but if I am lucky and hit the prize bubble, then there is usually a large stack there - you can take risks against push-players. Rarely - but you can get to the final table too.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I once registered for a free-roll on pokerstars and before it started a Friend called me to see if I was up for a night out on the Beer, I immediately said "Yes, just give me 10 minutes to change" and that was it, I had forgotten about the poker game and got well hammered on the beer, amazingly I actually made the money and won a few Cents without playing a single hand.
So a Win, Win all round, I'd say.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's very difficult to build a strategy on freerolls. Often in freerolls you will find any kind of player, fro super tight player to loose agresive ones. So, you have to adapt your gameplay based on the players that are with you in your tables. Aside of this, you must have also luck on your side! Good luck! :)

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As it's already been said, do NOT change up your normal game play style. All that does is eventually screw up your normal play! (of course, if your normal play isn't ever winning, tighten that shit up!)

Remember that it's poker, it does have to do with the cards you have in hand, but a lot depends on what you believe your opponents have. Just pay attention to what cards are being played by whom, make notes so you can take advantage of your good hands. If you notice that you are primarily getting your chips in with the better hands, that's the strategy to stick with. Yes, your K's you just flopped a set with are still going to lose at times to that fkuking donkey who called pre with 8,4o and hits a runner runner straight outta nowhere, but that's a minority of the time.

Last edited:
AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all traditional strategies don't work. Mostly you have to deal with frivolous players.
Any hand you use to raise from early position is likely to face an all-in, even at the 1st blind level.
You can raise with your AK and JJ +, but there will always be at least 2 players playing against you. Check it out on the odds calculator to see your equity against two random hands and make sure your odds are not as good as you think.
Instead, it's better to limp with promising hands and play the flop. The better your position, the more hands you limp.
Don't play good hands too aggressively.
In general, your strategy should be consistent all-in and loose-passive play. Good luck to everyone in the game!

Last edited:
fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all traditional strategies don't work. Mostly you have to deal with frivolous players.
Any hand you use to raise from early position is likely to face an all-in, even at the 1st blind level.
You can raise with your AK and JJ +, but there will always be at least 2 players playing against you. Check it out on the odds calculator to see your equity against two random hands and make sure your odds are not as good as you think.
Instead, it's better to limp with promising hands and play the flop. The better your position, the more hands you limp.
Don't play good hands too aggressively.
In general, your strategy should be consistent all-in and loose-passive play. Good luck to everyone in the game!
. I tried different versions of the game, came to the conclusion that you can win only when you catch very weak players on bluffs and semi-bluffs. At the same time, having hands in the format of two pairs or trips, flushes. Frequent allins are not needed. Play only strong hands and outstay the rest.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
. I tried different versions of the game, came to the conclusion that you can win only when you catch very weak players on bluffs and semi-bluffs. At the same time, having hands in the format of two pairs or trips, flushes. Frequent allins are not needed. Play only strong hands and outstay the rest.
Thank you very much for this information you provide, I have been playing the same freerolls trying to decipher the game and you have saved me time. I will begin to take into account your indications because I see that they have given you results according to your experience.:cool:

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the strategy is to play good, play like a money tournament.

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strategy - play well, play like in a tournament for money.

Very short post))). Nothing extra)))). Essentially))) :D
At first I thought you were a poker delitant "Fish", but I was wrong. I looked at your statistics and came to the conclusion that over 12 years of playing poker stars, you have minus $ 6,000. Perhaps this is a trifle for you). :D
online poker probably doesn't exist for making money. I am convinced once again. No strategy will help here. Obviously !!!
Play only live poker! Good luck to all !!!

Last edited:
S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you want to get to the bubble and to the final table, you should not abuse by going ALL IN

Freeroll Passwords