Strategies used in Freerolls?

S

Shab88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't focus on freerolls

Are there any specific strategies to approaching free rolls or is it lower stakes players.
Don't focus on them, especially on those ones, when you get tickets. If you see more or less good hand, for example A9, you can boldly do All-in

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly trying to get lucky, especially the one with pool with over 1k plaayers.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I try to confuse my opposition with a tight start, and try to get into smaller pots in the right position, calling raises and re-raises depending on my hand strength, but sometimes I will shove all-in or call an all-in, with practically any 2 cards early on, because if you do not double up in the early stages, it won't be long before you are struggling against the blind level increases.
If I get busted early on I will probably buy-in to some low stake Sit and Go games or just go watch a film, I don't take Poker that serious on-line, and can play like a complete "Fish" when I want to, because Poker is a fun game.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are a lot of tournaments at the same time, I play one with any ace. when there are 1-2 tables I play not so sharply.

S

SheldonMS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play like a paid tournament trying to get the best possible placement.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to use different strategies depending on how the table is playing and how the cards are falling. I don't think that you can stick to a certain type of strategy when you're playing, you have to be able to switch it up.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Tight is Right! mixing a little maniac with premiums

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's easy to get into the money in freerolls, but only if you can exercise patience, and pick your spots.

Let the "all-inners" play themselves out. They will, and very quickly.

You won't make much, but you can accumulate a small bankroll that will enable you to enter some other tournaments.

I do it all the time.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I'm calm, when it's worth it, otherwise I'm just another fish waiting to be caught...let's play

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The most important for me is to be in money.Before bubble I play very aggressive.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, I try to play very aggressively and when I get close to the bubble, I play more cautiously to get to the payout zone. Once you reach the payout zone, get back to playing aggressively to reach the final table.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play with good hands, count the crazy players :sheep:, who like to play 90% of the hands, you can't do anything, let them win small pots, and you will win the big ones.;)

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The freeroll strategy changes depending on starting stack and it's freeroll or freebuy. The starting stack is over 50bb then you can play a solid aggressive game when maniacs are trying double up in freeroll (freezeout) MTT.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same you double in the start tournament.
If you haven’t a good strategy for all tournament. The blinds will limp your stack conform the time pass.

All of form, to play freeroll is difficult too, because of crazy players.

I try to confuse my opposition with a tight start, and try to get into smaller pots in the right position, calling raises and re-raises depending on my hand strength, but sometimes I will shove all-in or call an all-in, with practically any 2 cards early on, because if you do not double up in the early stages, it won't be long before you are struggling against the blind level increases.
If I get busted early on I will probably buy-in to some low stake Sit and Go games or just go watch a film, I don't take Poker that serious on-line, and can play like a complete "Fish" when I want to, because Poker is a fun game.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Premium hands I would say, and if you lose, you lose with dignity. It's more or less, like flip a coin and see where it lands. Good thing is your not out of cash. Of course, the events should revolve around your leisure time to avoid impeding from your day to day activities.

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loosey goosey

Have to play loose and fast in the free rolls with short levels and small stacks, wait for some highish cards and go all in (usually will have several others going in as well) and cross your fingers.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i used basic approach raise and bet when i have it raise and check fold when i don't be patient as possible

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
There are no strategies, most play by intuition and luck, you have to have the variance in your favor, and play strong hands preflop allin, and hope that mediocre hands pay and then when you are dep trying to use some strategy.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of the responses in this thread made me lol I can't tell if their serious answers or not..

In all honesty you should be approaching ALL games the same regardless of the stakes, playing solid poker evaluate your spots from all angles and get it in with the best of it.

Maybe look at some training sites.

My biggest issue is tilt.

If I make a mistake during a session I have a hard time not letting it affect me on all my other games I literally just crashed out of 3 tournaments all close to ITM with decent stacks due to one bluff going a stray.

C

chayek777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of the responses in this thread made me lol I can't tell if their serious answers or not..

In all honesty you should be approaching ALL games the same regardless of the stakes, playing solid poker evaluate your spots from all angles and get it in with the best of it.

Maybe look at some training sites.

My biggest issue is tilt.

If I make a mistake during a session I have a hard time not letting it affect me on all my other games I literally just crashed out of 3 tournaments all close to ITM with decent stacks due to one bluff going a stray.

I agree with keeping same strategy as if u dont youll screw up your cash games. I do the same in terms of tilt im glad im not the only one this happens to.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn’t say lower level players play freerolls. In fact, these tournaments are much more unpredictable, so they are harder than the micro limit. I don't think it requires a special strategy, bluffing is not recommended!

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to play solid in the beginning, but sometimes I force myself to double up right away and play with pricing

G

Gameguyguru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m always aggressive early. The ones I’ve actually placed in I got a nice chip stack early on and then I could play my hands as I pleased

Freeroll Passwords