Strategies used in Freerolls?

C

chayek777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any specific strategies to approaching free rolls or is it lower stakes players.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls vs lower stakes..

The basic strategy for freerolls: to get your bankroll, LAG(Loose Aggressive). Because you start freerolls with a free, small stack, you have to build it up quickly, taking bigger chances than you would if you had put some money into the tourney. If you succeed with LAG, you can continue with that strategy, taking chances necessary to keep your stack in range of the leaders. Since it's a freeroll, others are taking a lot of risk, they have nothing to lose. You will see the limits of LAG, and take that with you for other tournies.
Lower limits, it's not the same as freeroll. Since the other players have some money in the game, expect tighter play. Make sure you sit down at the small stakes table with enough money, so you won't be bullied by those who like to bully, and to them, losing a little bit of money is worth the thrill of bullying.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my strategies

my strategies when I am playing texas holdem is to evaluate the starting cards very well if they do not bet much before the flop and if my cards are connected or a medium pair or strong high raise to protect the hand:)

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Freerolls are an easy way to build your bankroll.I'm here because I don't have money to play at poker stars and 888 so Cardschat freerolls are the fastest way if you don't have money.

Last edited:
Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play freerolls, don't bluff. Don't even think about it. Forget all the poker strategy articles you read because the freeroll world works differently. JJ + just push. The worse hands will call you, although sometimes they will win (since you will never 100% equity preflop), you will often build a big stack early on. Once you get into the deeper stages of the freerolls, you will be able to apply the ABC poker strategy again. This is how I finished 2nd place + $ 14 today. Good luck.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opition

the free spins, I only get in the chests that I complete, they still do not come out in the free rolls friends.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I'm here because I don't have money to play at Poker Stars and 888 so Cardschat freerolls are the fastest way if you don't have money.

Fastest way is obviously freerolls which are over within' hour or 2 ...

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are there any specific strategies to approaching free rolls or is it lower stakes players.
there is no special or winning strategy for freerolls, just play your game as you know how

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight and don’t bluff, wait for good spots to make a move, your best off getting it all in vs only 1-2 players.
First hour has many fish shoving any 2 cards, you really want JJ+ to call.
I know 888 Poker has blinds that go up really fast so you have to open your range a lot (in good position)
Freerolls are a crapshoot but with safe play you should be able to run deep often
Good luck

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you plan to win a freeroll, your opponents will give you the strategy to do so: You have to play poker with a mallet, roughly and simply.
- Only play the good starting hands.
- Make big raises and big bets. Bigger than in a normal game.
- When you have a good hand, fire from all cylinders.
- If you have nothing, let it stay. Don't bluff. That's basically it. Wait for good cards and off you go.

A distinction is made between three in detail Phases:
- The early phase: The chip counts are quite large compared to the blinds. You have more than 25 Big blinds in chips.
- The late phase: the blinds have increased noticeably. Your chip level will drop below

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have a range of hands that you play in each position. On bubl if you have a large stack of stealing blinds. At the money stage, take risks with bunches better than middle. At the final table, take your time and play good hands. Use your reputation.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My strategy is usually to be very calm at the beginning, usually the players love to bet everything at all times, at some point they calm down, if they don't, I play aggressive and I try to do my best possible game, especially when the blinds are already very high

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you have it bet it and when you don’t fold! Easy!

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One strategy that never works is to go all in every hand. I wish I knew what makes so many people play this way.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is the simplest strategy for freerolls. Play the card bo bluffs rarely work. Throw all-in pocket cards or premium cards. In short, everything is allowed but wisely.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
One strategy that never works is to go all in every hand. I wish I knew what makes so many people play this way.

Even if it indeed never works then that strategy can still have other adventages though ...

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

In my opinion, there is a very effective strategy that consists of three parts.
First, you need to take our free course.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/
Second, you need to become a member of our freeroll club.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...t-silver-level-platinum-freeroll-club-452867/
The third and most difficult thing is to be a patient and disciplined player.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sometimes i play cc freerolls. My tactics are different in that you took a lot more risk at the beginning of the tournament. Either succeed or fail. :) I don’t sit in a freeroll for 3 hours unnecessarily.

C

chayek777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for responses im using all advice

C

chayek777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people like to use the shove every hand strategy.

:eek:

Ive noticed this puts me on tilt sometimes its not worked for me too good.
have u tried this?

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to wait for the best possible hand and make big bets against weak players.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is no certain strategy for freerrols, you just need to play good hands and not completely bad, you don't need to try to bluff in freerrols, since there are not quite experienced people who play for free and they will quote any bet even if they have a pair of 22 on any 4 flash board! Just play as you know how and in time you will pick the key to victory! I wish you good luck in all your endeavors, take care of yourself!

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I use the same strategy for freeroll as I do small stakes.

I sometimes look like I am tight as a badger's ass, then other times I look like a complete maniac, I don't go to a table with the intention of being tight or loose, it depends on the players around me to how I play, just remember don't spew if you are against an calling station, as they're going to call no matter what.

Freeroll Passwords