Story-Telling or Frequencies?

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which do you think describes the gathering of data during a hand or tournament?

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that everything is possible in a tournament the frequency is necessary for the character stories in the tournaments:ciao:

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that everything is possible in a tournament the frequency is necessary for the character stories in the tournaments:ciao:

Nice, combining both concepts into one idea. I like it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its both in my opinion. The frequency that you see an opponent doing what they do is part of the story that you are trying to figure out.

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think these are largely the same thing. One is verbal, one is mathematical.

It's like asking, should I focus on the fact that he likes to play a lot of hands, or should I focus on the fact the his VPIP is 60%?

It's the same thing.

I'd be more likely to focus on the stats though because I think you're more likely to pick up that while his VPIP is 60%, his PFR is 5% and his CBet is 20% by looking at stats. Yes, you can tell that with words, but I think the states make it a lot clearer.

I will say, however, that in a tournament, you may need to focus a little more on "the story"...or at least recent stats since players can change gears a lot in a tournament depending on stage, stack size, and bubble factor. You need to notice that the "story" has changed. Or you could just have a HUD that only shows VPIP for the last 20-30 hands.

Poker Tells