Starting hands in knockout tournaments

V

vezun4ik58

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello everybody!!! I recently won a tour with a buy-in of 1.10 from knockout, but I think I have a small profit, who can suggest the charts for drawing starting hands in knockout tournaments?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Those tournaments have a small profit unless you knockout many opponents. Take more risk when someone is all-in against you because if you knockout all of them your profit will be greater than a regular tournament.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What pot odds do I need to call all in?

You convert the value of the bounty into chips and add them to the pot. If we take a 9-man KO SnG on Stars, then the starting stack is 1.500 chips, and the bounty is 25% of the price pool. A bounty is therefore worth 375 chips, when all 9 players are left, and we are not yet in the money. So you simply add those 375 chips to the pot to calculate your pot odds.

Lets say you open raise a hand, get jammed on by someone, you have covered, and now you need to pay another 1.300 to win 3.000. Then in a normal SnG you would need 43,3% equity to make a profit in chip EV (which ignore ICM). But in a KO SnG you are calling 1.300 to win 3,375, so you only need 38,5 equity to make a profit in chip EV.

V

vezun4ik58

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is it possible to provide approximate hands that are better to open with UTG?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont personally change my standard opening ranges, just because its a bounty tournament. I think, that would only make sense, if someone have so little chips left, that you expect them to move all-in a large percentage of the time. Like if someone is sitting with less than 1BB, or the player in big blind is very short. Then maybe it makes sense to open a little wider, but of course you need to expect, that other players want to fight for that bounty as well.

V

vezun4ik58

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how often you can open AQo from the UTG position?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands