_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Last night I played a few sit-n-go's, and was able to take down one and get second in another. Overall I was getting what seems like a disproportionate amount of pocket deuces, mostly from a last position, and the pots were usually either limped or folded down to me.
So every time I raised. Luckily, no one ever 3-bet me.
Then I hit sets 3 times on the flop. I was also able to win against a short stack who went all in with ace high on the flop.
So did I just get lucky here? Should I always raise deuces? Or will my luck just run dry?

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get in as cheaply as you can with small pairs. Remenber, it is a 1 in 8 shot to flop a set. Any other flop you are likely behind. Buying a big blind is ok.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep,,,u got lucky.:) Nice when it happens.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got pocket deuces today. Was not lucky and got burned on all-in showdown against AQ.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like the good side to variance. Sometimes you are going to get more pairs than usual and sometimes you are going to hit everything - enjoy the ride while it lasts - its the best feeling ever.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
FTA I would raise deuces if I were you. If there is a raise or call already I would set mine. Just remember you maybe running well at this moment but it can change on you just as fast.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try your luck , its good to see a flop, when you got pocketspairs! The luck gonna make the rest. ;)

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So did I just get lucky here? Should I always raise deuces?

yes you did :p

I would raise Deuces in LP preferable with no limper.
In EP I fold. MP depends on table Dynamics but most likely I fold them aswell
Chance of seeing overcards OTF: 100%
therefor you Play those small pocket pairs for set value.

I would rather limp behind than raise because I don't want to build a pot with a Hand that is really hard to Play postflop if I don't hit a set.
If they fold, fine

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You are definitely a lucky buddy if you would win against aces)) You may play, but you should control bankroll. Raise a maximum of 2bb or only fold/check.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find 3s work alot for me, but I have had some luck with 2s as well..

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got very lucky with deuces. But if you are always heads up or can see multi player flop cheaply you should do just fine with them.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don’t hit your set. You are looking at 5 overcards by the river. So I don’t really like playing 2-2.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well u got lucky there. I would not play them for sure. It's up to you. If it' s happens, maximum bet for me would be 2 bb.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its mathematical possibility is the same as all players

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Count your lucky stars. I was in 200 buy in tourney and was dealt low pocket pairs 9 times and two higher pair. Not one was real expensive to see flop. All missed on flop and came against all in so continuing was feudal I think i got pocket twos three times and threes twice. Good thing is you know when to get out unless he hits a higher set then your felted.

Get used to not hitting and folding. :reddy: