SNG'S Triple Up's When there are 4 left

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing a lot of SNG's lately. I started off in the 3$ ones but have since moved up to 7$ triple up, 13$ Turbo's, 14$ turbos and 28$ turbos.

So here is my question. On the 7$ games my win rate is probably higher then the others. I have a really, really terrible habit however.... real bad. I have a horrendous tendency of just shoving all-in either with crap to take the blinds or it just gets down to the last 4 and its just a pure battle of the blinds or whoever has the best cards.

My question is this. Once you are in the last 4 and lets say i'm in 4th place with the least chips maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of my opponents stacks. Do you wait for the top cards? Or do you shove any hand when given the chance when the blinds are there and no hands were in before. The other one is this. If your are chip leader with 4 players left. Do you play in pots still? Do you risk an all-in? Or do you just keep waiting it out to cash in the top 3?

I think i do pretty good at these things. I probably average 3 out of 5 games a win on the 7$ ones. On the the rest I think I'm about 3 out of 6 most of the time (which is still, a profit) is there anyone who actually plays these for a living and makes a living??????? Can i make good money grinding out 7$ sngs??? Thank You for all your help people. I play on Bovada by the way.

Jguar

Jguar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most of what you're asking are kind of situation based. Lets say you're chip leader but not by much, I would not be going all in by any means. I would use the small bluff technique and steal blinds to get a larder lead, in the meantime waiting for a good pair of cards to slow play. Lets say you come across an A/K or QQ or KK or any premium hand, I would then (depending on my position) play it soft. This makes the people you're playing believe you play hard when you have good hands (from the previous small bluff/blind stealing technique) and when you go soft you dont have much. Lets say you hit a 2p on the flop. I wouldnt bet, hoping someone hit a single pair. Then call,on the turn however id make a call if they bet, but if im before them in position i would bet. If they fold they fold, you got their blind+their bet. If they call you're pretty much guaranteed to roll into the river and catch a nice pot by the end of the hand!

On the other hand lets say you have a nice chip lead, for example. You have 18k and the other 3 have 5k 3k and 2k or something like that...i would be putting them all in, but only if you have a decent hand. I wouldnt be putting them all in with 2-7 or even 22, 33, etc to be honest. They would have to be connectors, or suited connectors, suited semi high cards non connecting, or just a prem hand. but still thats a lot of hands and if you lose youll most likely still have a hefty chip lead. You dont want to be giving away chips in any circumstance when you're chip leader.