Sharing the winnings in a tournament.

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I reached the final two in a $1.10 Omaha tournament, We agreed to attempt to share the money. I have never been in this position before. It was 04.30 and we had been playing for six hours. I really got confused by the screen asking how we wished to split. At the end I did not know if we had agreed or not. From my opponents comments I thought we had agreed a deal. But then we carried on playing. I asked why - he/she said to decide a tournament winner. My reply was "who cares". I just wanted to go to bed. Very quickly I threw my stake in and my opponent won. It seems that we had agreed a split by cash held, I think( either spilt 50/50 or cash held were very similar)

If you find this all very confusing, think how I was at 04.30 .

Will someone explain how to do this, You never know, I might be in that position again !!!!

J

JoeSilly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Get some coffee

Drink a coffee, get some fresh air and just try to win outright lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Last night I reached the final two in a $1.10 Omaha tournament, We agreed to attempt to share the money. I have never been in this position before. It was 04.30 and we had been playing for six hours. I really got confused by the screen asking how we wished to split. At the end I did not know if we had agreed or not. From my opponents comments I thought we had agreed a deal. But then we carried on playing. I asked why - he/she said to decide a tournament winner. My reply was "who cares". I just wanted to go to bed. Very quickly I threw my stake in and my opponent won. It seems that we had agreed a split by cash held, I think( either spilt 50/50 or cash held were very similar)

If you find this all very confusing, think how I was at 04.30 .

Will someone explain how to do this, You never know, I might be in that position again !!!!
What site was it on?
Take your time & read what the screen says. (I believe most sites give you LOTS of time to decide upon the deal).
Chip leader typically has the option to set up the deal... other player(s) can agree to it or not. The CL can also pass over the deal setting option to another player if they so choose.

As far as agreeing upon a deal, or what deal to make goes... that's all up to the individual. Often, with a few players left, a deal based on ICM is often the way to go.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
all players had to say: Yes I agree

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker orifice,
I forget that this site is not just for poker stars. It is the only site I play on. The deal screen is far from clear. Picking an option is easy. Knowing whether it has been accepted is the problem. Also why would we keep on playing ? That I find really confusing.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A quick shower on the head helps to regain sober thinking. Read an article on how to make good deals at poker tables.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never run into this, but I find it a bit strange that you kept playing after a split was agreed to. Because as you said, there's no point? I'm not interested in glory in a $1.10 tournament, just the $$$. Did you end up getting what you deemed the correct amount of $$$ on the split?

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Focus and dont drink alcohol or energy drinks, that not helping

Mrfxx

Mrfxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually in a split you have to leave some percentage to play for usually about 20% then you split the rest of the money to what you agree with the other player/s. So if you agreed 50/50 then 80% of the prize pool is the 50/50 split then you play for the remaining 20% held back for the winner.