Satellite tournaments and rebuys

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So guys... I want to talk more about tournaments where you can win a satellite. Does it's worth to buy rebuys to those tournaments because when it comes to late game those chips won't save you and if it's an early game one lost hand can change everything (especially when you buy rebuy for not that small amount) What are your thoughts?

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- you have to play satelites using BR;
if there are rebuys in the sat - you have to add it as a part of buy in, and to evaluate whole number of all investment. And only after that decide - to play it or not.
- in the case if the size of rebuy stack is <12bb , I'll decide to skip this option, and to reg in the same other satelite.
- in the case if we can make rebuy and we are sure that it's enough to go in addon period we can make it too, and play only monster hands

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I've played that kind of satellites with rebuys, but I'm not a fan of doing them, for me it does not make sense, I always try to set my goal and play as if it were a normal tournament and if they eliminate me before winning the ticket then I stay like this and I do not rebuy, because otherwise I would pay the direct entrance to the tournament instead of playing the satellites

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can rebuy, also addon after the end of registration. But If I have a deep stack I would not addon, trusting that I will win and if I was eliminated early I would rebuy.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you really want that satellite win into bigger tournament you rebuy as much as needed add on even if have huge stack and do whatever it takes good luck.:)

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellites are a form of poker drug. Moderation is the key.

If you’re b’rolled for five dollar sngs that’s your limit. A five dollar satellite to a fifty dollar game is not exactly good management. Rebuying in the satellite can only make it worse.

Skill comes into play real quickly. Those five dollar opponents have tendencies you’ve learned to exploit. The higher caliber players in the high buy in event won’t as play nice.

On the other hand, your withdraws from the games you are profiting from are mostly donated to the tougher players in the desired game. Leaving you less overall.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Venom 5M is the most important satelite that ACR offer.Step 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. I almost reach step 5 but I was knocked out in the first level with KK.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think at the beginning of the game you can use rebuys, but if you enter the game and you have less than 10bb then this is no longer poker, but roulette))))

L

lovido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some rebuy satelite tournaments are worth it and some don't, if the rebuys are unlimited and if the add on comes with a monstrous stack of chip, there's no point in my opinion, i prefer re-entry instead of rebuy satelites, also if the satelite and the actual fee to the main event doesn't have much margin, it'll be a good idea to buy into the main event direct, because at the end of the day you might end up spending the same amount of fee on satelite or even more unknowingly.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So guys... I want to talk more about tournaments where you can win a satellite. Does it's worth to buy rebuys to those tournaments because when it comes to late game those chips won't save you and if it's an early game one lost hand can change everything (especially when you buy rebuy for not that small amount) What are your thoughts?
If you are talking about freerolls that rebuy and that gives a place to satelite think is not good, more independent of the tournament that has rebuy do not like to play

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I avoid as much as possible tournaments with rebuy because the players tend to take more risk than usual. From a general point of view, it takes 1 or 2 rebuys at least, so as not to play too weakly and to maximize your chances of being well represented in the tournament.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I try not to rebuy, the 1st time I play satellites if I made at least 1 repurchase, but then analyzing many factors such as: my game, my opponents, the intensity of the tournament etc, I realized that it is not profitable or feasible to my rebuy, I've realized that there are players who play to buy back because they bet everything with nothing, lose and rebuy again and so they do many times during the tournament

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like the tournaments are satellites with re-buys...In these tournaments and a lot of small...

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest struggle is as you get close to getting a ticket, I find it hard to not play good hands. If your stack is big enough to cash, there's no PT in playing. Too many times I've called a shorter stacks shove with AQ , for example, and end up ss myself and struggling to cash. I've learned to fold those type hands unless I really need the chips. As far as rebuys, as others have said, just depends on structure. Just normal debut/add-on I figure for a rebuy right away and add-on, so if I don't think 3x buy-in is worth it, I won't play. But some structures give you little to start and like 3x stack for rebuy, you have to rebuy in those, imo

Poker Tells