Satellite tournaments

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys, i dont understand how it work and how it t possible, but every time when im win sat 109 on 888 i had a terrible cooler on the tournament...
Even if it would theoretically be possible for poker sites to rig their RNG, so that satellite winners always run bad in the target tournament, what would they achieve by doing this? Poker sites want people to play satellites, because it beef up the price pool of their main tournaments, and it also tend to make them softer, which attract more people, who buy in directly. So if anything sites would have an incentive to do the exact opposite and reward satellite winners with some good runs, so that they continue to play more satellites. But in reality its all just random, and you get coolered at the same frequenzy, weather you bought in directly or won your seat in a satellite.
Any body win a money on tournament from sat, and how much ?
Yes of course but I dont keep track of it, because its not important.

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I always play satellites and have used them many times to participate in major tournaments, for example, going to MT320 through a series of satellites starting at 1 cent and winning $675. The last time is a satellite of $1 for a ticket of $5.5 and the prize is $114. In general, I collected my entire bankroll on satellites, but one thing is bad, it takes a lot of time to get a ticket, so I don't play often now.
I also play satellites. This is normal. I've won tickets many times.

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Even if poker sites could theoretically rig their random number generator so that satellite winners always lose in the target tournament, what would they do? Poker sites want people to play satellites because this increases the prize pool of their main tournaments and also makes them softer, which attracts more people to bet directly. Thus, sites will have an incentive to do just the opposite and reward satellite winners with several good draws so that they continue to participate in more satellites. But it's actually all just random, and you're cooling off at the same frequency, regardless of whether you bought directly or won a satellite seat.

Yes, of course, but I'm not following this because it's not important.
But it's a shame to win an expensive ticket and leave early in the target tournament) So it seems that everything is not as it should be)))

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Ты обычно играешь в сателлитах? Вы когда-нибудь получали хорошие результаты, играя с гарантированным входом?

in two weeks of playing in staleites for a ticket, I managed to get a ticket for the tournament only 2 times, I don’t want to waste time on satellites anymore

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I love to play satellites, because u got the big chance to play tournaments which are´nt in your BR, so u can take a shot and maybee u can cash a little ;)

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I also like to play satellites and have already won a few tickets like Sunday-Million, Sunday-Storm and other small ones and I was also close to 530, 1050. But usually I didn't win anything in the main tournament. I would never pay that much money and I think satellites are great :)

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you usually play satellite tournaments? Ever had good results playing a guaranteed entry?
I regularly play these Freeroll satellites on pokerstars, however I never pay to reenter and I have gotten close but not ITM(tickets) ) yet

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Once there was a case, I went through 4 stages of the network and got into the main tournament, where the entrance was 215 dollars, then managed to earn about 700 dollars. It was a good time... EHHX

kamel

kamel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Yeap but there is lot of satelites from Hyper turbo 6 max sit n go ..to satelites with a lot of tickets guaranteed with low blinds structures,
You need to decide what is the best for you and how many satelites are you going to Play to tournament.
Make sure you wont put more money on satelites than direct entry would cost.
Remember about bankroll management

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you usually play satellite tournaments? Ever had good results playing a guaranteed entry?
I recently won a partypoker ticket for $16.50, but I didn't know the prize was in a ticket and now I can only use that ticket to win another ticket and not real money, so I guess I won't play, Lol.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have played many satellites and I could not always win, but the times that I have been able to win the ticket has been great because I feel that I am gaining experience, once again I have been able to win and others I am so close that I even end up a little sad haha but as I say the experience remains

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, I play them, not all of them, I got several prizes and a good amount, but there are a lot of losses for a win, although you do it without losing money.

Poker Tells