Rebuy Tournaments

C

chazmahal10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats everyone's strategy in rebuys opposed to normal tournaments? Are you a lot more open to call shoves with mediocre hands? Would love some input.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but I don't change a thing from my normal play. It's just bigger rewards if I made it to the money!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I also just play my normal game for the most part. I will take calculated risk early on but its only with quality hands. When there is a very highly aggressive player at the table I will happily play for my stack all in preflop with TT+ and AK as I know I have there range dominated.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why call shoves with mediocre hands? Unless it's a bounty tournament - what is the advantage?

Good luck !

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually you shouldn't enter a rebuy tournament without having the bankroll to withstand at least three rebuys, but let's assume you've got that out of the way since we're already talking strategy. Early on, a lot of people all-in very loosely with the mindset of "I can just rebuy and get in again!" This could be very profitable for you, or it could be your downfall. I think it's pretty hard to identify which players are in the tournament just for fun and which are actually trying to win from the beginning. If you're a great reader then you can use their tendencies and find out if they're shoving loosely or shoving with winning on their mind. I would just play balanced and call shoves with my normal ranges instead of trying to hero call and be ahead early on. That's just me though, so try what fits you best!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I do this type of tournaments before playing a hand my rebuy (I only do a rebuy is my theory), then I play it like any other tournament and of course depending on my stack I make the corresponding add-on, greetings

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are those players that do re buy and go all in.They lose and re buy again.They lose again and re buy again as if they were imortals!.
I see money being spended like maniacs.So I don't register a type of tourney like this.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
First 1 hour agressive playing helps a lot, Rebuys always stay behind.

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
rebuy tournaments

In such tournaments, I usually jump into the late registration (10-15 minutes before the end of the rebuys). The blinds are really huge already, but still a couple of rebuys and add-on are you in the game):eek:

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
very rarely have I played this type of tournaments, but the times I have played them is because I won the ticket, so I never repurchase, I do not like it, I try to play it normal and very careful not to run into those manic players who love to buy again and again each time they take the chips, but always try to play it as normal as possible

710suited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always rebuy at the start and budget for the add-on.

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like rebuy mtt because players go all in and call with any too cards and get luck

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's a lot easier to play these similar to a cash game. I won't call every shove but if it looks suspicious I'll be much more prone to call and fire another bullet. Early double ups can give you a lot of play and opportunity to outplay your opponents post flop.