Rebuy Tournaments

MIljanho

MIljanho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you think about tournaments with rebuy options?

hyperion

hyperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that these tourneys are tougher than the cardschat daily freerool for example;because the CC freerool don't have re buy(thanks god)and tourneys with unlimited re buys are really difficult to survive.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like tournaments with rebuys. I try not to play on them. It turns out that someone has more money than that and the opportunity has more to win. This is unfair.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These have different strategies. You have to be prepared to re-buy. When you get short stacked you should be looking to push to get back in. Any add ons should be taken advantage of. These will be loose play. You accept that and the fact you will re-buy, if not look for a freeze out.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Earlier I just hated tournaments with rebuys. Because of the fact that at the initial stage, too often, players go all-in. But later I realized that this is only a plus, and with a competent game this can be used by me.

S

sirgobbles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just recently played in a rebuy tourney... didn’t have enough to rebuy to begin with but slow played into 4th place.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of rebuys. Interestingly enough, I've heard discussions on televised events where the general consensus seems to be that rebuy tournaments tend to be avoided by amateurs so so some pros are in favor of eliminating them or at least reducing the number of rebuys allowed--which makes sense to me.

A

Aglarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played some of these tournaments, there is a really cheap one for the sunday storm which I play often but I simply hate them.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play those tourneys when i have money to rebuy a few times, so basically i rarely play them :) i like it better when the odds are even

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally don't like rebuy tournaments because everytime you or someone else rebuys, there is that many more chips you have to obtain making it harder to get to the money.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I literally like tourneys with 2-3-4 re-buys only. Unlimited re-buys takes longer to play and its hard to track people, because they play around re-buy range. So i suggest to everybody when you play a re-buy tourney always think like there is no re-buy for you if you get busted. Play like you are playing a normal tournament without re-buy. If u got busted with your top hand that's the re-buy :)

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing to a rebuy tournament you need to incorporate that into your buy-in. For a 2.00 rebuy I would expect to put in about 10-20.00. As soon as the tournaments starts you should rebuy and have double the chips. These tournaments are a lot looser and I always look to get a big stack. I am (and most people) are more likely to enter into multi-way pots and coin flips early for my stack.

You are going to see a lot of loose action until near the end of the rebuy period.

O

OneMoreTry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like those, because it's actually possible to get into the money with very conservative play most times. Since most of the ppl in these tournaments do a lot of all-ins with bad cards, you just wait for 1-2 good hands and are likely to double up with these.

Buying the add-on is a) necessary and b) most times an advantage, because for some reason a lot of ppl dont buy it. They spent a lot of cash on multiple rebuys throughout the tournament while shooting for double- or triple-up early, but many miss the add-on, for some reason.

My personal ITM ratio is actually higher on Rebuy-Tournaments than on others, and I just buy the add-on, in 90% of those.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the buy-in is worth it, the problem is that player with good bankroll, it will play much more aggressive, already looking at the possibility of re-entry, this changes a lot the way to play, raise, and call, certain hands it's worth scratching the river, and taking it to showdoun

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't want to re-buy, be patient and wait for good hands and good spots to take advantage of those players who want to make chips before the rebuy option ends.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
RE/BUY tournaments are not recommended for beginner players or for players who have a small Bankrroll, sometimes in those types of tournaments there are many manic players

Last edited:
poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really do not like such tournaments, especially with small buy-ins. Players groups are mindlessly in all, do not give to play! This format is not suitable for me!

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just say F NO - rebuy, re-enter, bounty & late reg. (cc exception only), double or nothing, run it twice, tiny stacks to start, insane turbo. Let's play freezeout poker not wtf. Thank you. :cool:

S

stuhawk5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Earlier I just hated tournaments with rebuys. Because of the fact that at the initial stage, too often, players go all-in. But later I realized that this is only a plus, and with a competent game this can be used by me.
I'm in the same boat as you. At first I REALLY hated them and thought it was unfair.. then when you get ITM you realise that it fattens the prize pool :)

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like freezout's more. But on the other side, the more rebuys, the more prize money. The main thing is that the number of your rebuys does not exceed the prize for the first place))

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's OK. but if it isn't unlimited. and structure isn't turbo or super turbo

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are a good opportunity to get a nice payout for a small buy in . Alot of players play loose during rebuy phase . If you stick to your game you can chip up nicely andnot have too many opponents to battle to themoney.

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play only tours with 1 or 2 rebuys .

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like playing rebuy tournaments at all. The very first stages are tragic (at least at micro stakes that I have played). They tend to shove more easily 50-100bbs even with medium hands. It's very difficult to survive