rebuy torunament 3.50+R

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think can be the best strategy to play this type of tournaments of 3.50 + R ?.

Is it advisable to buy and buy the add-on or better to play only by paying the ticket and renouncing losing the tournament if they eliminate us soon?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am pretty sure, its nearly always +EV to purchase the add on chips, since these are cheaper than other chips. So if you dont purchase the add on, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage against other players, who do.

Typically these events also allow you to dubble rebuy, if you bust, or top up one buyin, if your stacks is below the starting stack. This is more situational, but if there are bad players at the table with a big stack, I will typically chip up to give myself the best possible chance to be the one, who get their stack. If on the other hand there are only solid players, then I might just quit, if I get felted.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am pretty sure, its nearly always +EV to purchase the add on chips, since these are cheaper than other chips.

I find myself agreeing with Fundiver once again here :)

In the $3.50s 180 I double buyin and making it to the add on period is so advantageous. Things do get more complicated in other rebuy/addons—when there’s a massive add on coming soon and the blinds are quite high, it can be more +EV to single rebuy (again and again if necessary) to make it to the add on period where the same $ gets you dramatically more chips. Usually this type of format tends to occur in a satellite for a high stakes MTT.

Hope this helps and Glglgl! :)