The rebuy bullies.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At tourneys with rebuys there is a different bully. Not the big stack bully; the rebuy bully. They don't even really play; they bet high or shove all-in every hand, because when they go broke, they just rebuy
And when ITM is $5(first) to 0.11(63) the ROI is usually negative.
Guy had six rebuys and still lagged out, finished 82.

Rebuy bullies are similar to big stack bullies early in tourney, real players have to accept they are part of the game, stick to their strategy, and not get sucked into their games, which are not poker, finishing ITM..

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They can be annoying, but one game I busted the same rebuy bully 5-6 times, then I started to feel like a bully.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bully?

I would disagree that this is a bad thing. If they knock you out because they beat you against the odds then that is just crappy but they are building the payouts and are definitely worth playing against if they are shoving light and trying to build a stack. If you play a certain tighter aggressive style with those players it can be a great advantage.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is what you say there are many crazy playing the re-buy torneso and even more if it is a KO tournament or with entry in stars coins.

my recommendation would be to not play those tournament

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rebuy Bully

I remember once, about 6 years ago, i bust a guy about 12 times and it was actually by doing so, i managed to eventually rack up a sizable stack of which i then bought an add on and it put me in 12th place overall, i ended up making the final table and cashing in 6th place for 385 - i never rebought once..

So bring on the rebuy bullies cos i will keep playing and doing my thing lol

AR AR AR AR AR AR

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know, man...
MMT with rebuy sucks.

:(

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hardly play rebuys anymore because of that reason. It’s the same player that goes all in in a freeroll on first hand. They are not real good and the instant gratification attitude they have works agains then in a tournament. In a 3-4 hour game you need patience and timely strikes.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes, the re-buy bullies are messing up the tournaments. I prefer to play freeze-out tournaments because of that issue. I don't like the fact they have to be kicked out multiple times to get rid of them. The only thing good about having the all-in bully at your table is if you are the lucky one that he gives his chips to.

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the buy in vs guarantee ratio being the bully is not a bad strat up to a certain amount of rebuys. Not sure what the gtds are on stars for their 3R, 5R, and 10R, but back in the day when the gtds were 40K, 50K, and 80K, it was worth it to go crazy

I

Igor An

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Я больше не играю в rebbay

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is rebuys are not for me.If you have already lost your stack, this just isn't your tourney.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just prefer do not play MTT with rebuy)))