Question for MTT players with over %50 roi

G

Gaaangster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have an roi of about %30 on Global, Carbon, and ignition. I play particularly well in the early stages of tournaments and I feel like I have a decent understanding of short stack poker. With a 9-5 job, I study as much as I can. It’s just when I get deep in tournaments it seems like I’m constantly getting sucked out on. It’s absolutely tilting. I don’t know what I need to do to run better. I don’t even know what questions I need to ask myself to look for the information I need to win while I’m ahead in these spots. Do I just need to be luckier? Like I know I’m ahead in all these spots where I’m losing deep in these tournaments. I’m at the point where I’m ready to email these poker sites and beg them why they keep allowing me to lose while I’m so far ahead in all these spots!

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s just tournament poker. My biggest score online was for 19k. It was a $150 tourney that I shipped. My usual stakes were around $5-$25 buyins. I did very well at those stakes for the most part. But I played hundreds of tourneys a year. Most of them, I had the same results as you. Before my 19k win, I was in a down swing. It felt like I couldn’t win, no matter how good my equity was. But that night, the stars aligned. Everything went perfect. I beat AA when I had KK and the flop came AKK. hands like that happened multiple times in that tourney.

I would just continue making the positive equity plays, and it will pay off. Trust me, when it does, it makes up for all the other times you got sucked out on. Good luck!

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That’s just tournament poker. My biggest score online was for 19k. It was a $150 tourney that I shipped. My usual stakes were around $5-$25 buyins. I did very well at those stakes for the most part. But I played hundreds of tourneys a year. Most of them, I had the same results as you. Before my 19k win, I was in a down swing. It felt like I couldn’t win, no matter how good my equity was. But that night, the stars aligned. Everything went perfect. I beat AA when I had KK and the flop came AKK. Hands like that happened multiple times in that tourney.

I would just continue making the positive equity plays, and it will pay off. Trust me, when it does, it makes up for all the other times you got sucked out on. Good luck!
Probably there are so many people in the world who learning poker every day, watching tourneys, reading about and post so probably we all need some luck at the tables, i'm learning and playing small stacks and hope that some day will win some good money on a tournament which ticket i'll win through the satellite.

G

Gaaangster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s just tournament poker. My biggest score online was for 19k. It was a $150 tourney that I shipped. My usual stakes were around $5-$25 buyins. I did very well at those stakes for the most part. But I played hundreds of tourneys a year. Most of them, I had the same results as you. Before my 19k win, I was in a down swing. It felt like I couldn’t win, no matter how good my equity was. But that night, the stars aligned. Everything went perfect. I beat AA when I had KK and the flop came AKK. Hands like that happened multiple times in that tourney.

Thanks for the advice! I’m from a rural town in SW MN so there is maybe like 2 people that play poker within a 50 mile radius. Everyone looks at me crazy when I start talking passionately about poker :confused: and I do this often. Last night I was just tilting super hard and needed to tell someone who had an idea of what I was saying. So I appreciate every word :top:

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice! I’m from a rural town in SW MN so there is maybe like 2 people that play poker within a 50 mile radius. Everyone looks at me crazy when I start talking passionately about poker :confused: and I do this often. Last night I was just tilting super hard and needed to tell someone who had an idea of what I was saying. So I appreciate every word :top:
My pleasure. I love talking about this stuff. That’s why I’m on here. I like watching Lex talk about it on his stream. He has a very approach that I think most pros use. The bad beats happen. You can be upset for a minute, but then that’s it. Period. Just move on. To dwell on them is toxic and will cause you to play worse. You don’t see any winning players hanging out in the bad beats forums. That’s where the losers go to feed. If you’re a winning player, you’re already better than 95% of poker players.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably there are so many people in the world who learning poker every day, watching tourneys, reading about and post so probably we all need some luck at the tables, i'm learning and playing small stacks and hope that some day will win some good money on a tournament which ticket i'll win through the satellite.
I did satellite into that $150 event for $8 :D