Qualified for Day 2 in 100k gtd

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had a pretty interesting week playing poker. One evening this week jumped on ACR and played in one of those silly All in or Fold preflop freerolls to earn a free ticket into another satellite. My personal view on these all in or fold preflop crap shoots is they are pretty much bingo especially when the blinds double every 3 minutes, so it nearly entirely luck - with no skill required.
But - when the event is "free" it really doesn't matter the type of event or structure, its free and if I have a space available on my monitor to play while I'm playing other 'real' tourneys - why not register for it.

So I did - and I ended up with luck on my side to earn a $22.00 ticket.

The next event was for something like a 215.00 ticket. ACR auto pre-registers you for the next satellite when you win one through a freeroll so I went to the next satellite lobby and noticed everyone was un-registering from that satellite. Before 2 minutes had past I was one of only 2 other players who was registered. Suffice to say the next satellite did not run because it did not have enough participants to start.

So I looked around to see what else I could use the 22.00 ticket on.
There was a Day 1 running for a 100k gtd. It was early - only like 2 levels in. So I decided to jump into it. How this multi-day event plays out is it is 15 minute levels to level 16, then 12 minute levels up to level 18. The tourney ends at the end of level 18. Those remaining qualify for day 2. This type of event is a pretty long event - but I was playing several other long events at that time - so I figured it fit well into my daily schedule.

I ended up finishing in the top 10 of that "flight" and qualified for Day 2 which will be kicking off this evening at 5:30 pm EST.
3384 total runners and currently there are only 380 remaining. I'm sitting in 101st with a respectable 45bb stack.

I'm going to channel all my run good I have been saving - to see if I can make a deep run in this sucker!!
If anyone is bored or on ACR this evening - don't be shy - come rail me!! :) The event is called the Double Deuce 100k Day 2 on the medium tab.

:)

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Congratulations good job, I hope you win prizes and can multiply the value of your ticket, it is an excellent way to start your bankroll

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the reply Acechador. My bankroll has been long established and has gone through the ups and downs over the past couple years. Personally I don't think playing satellites are a good way to spend bankroll - unless you have something like 200x the buy-in amount of the satty. At that point - sure it's a fine way to go about getting into some events you are not currently bankrolled to directly buy into.

But - when the free ones are available - sure - why not take a shot at winning a ticket. The only cost is a persons time.

Update to the number of participants in this event. A total of 3640 players have ran in the day 1 flights, and there are 380 that qualified for day 2. There are also two more day 1 flights running today - so the final runners for the day 2 will probably be 600 or more.
Interesting point of fact, 380 runners currently in the day 2 and min-cash is 414th place. So it looks like once the Day 2 begins this evening we will already be ITM. That aint terrible.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Takes a huge patience and skill to do it, now let's aim those pay-jumps. :) Well done on day 1, and all the best for you with this great number of 45bbs. :)

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
You did a great job, I wish you to take prizes, drop all worries and play like on the first day.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to all who happened to reply and view this thread.

The freeroll ticket turned into $220.00. I ended up finishing 32nd out of a total of 4676 day 1 participants. I started off the event in 131st out of 567 day 2 qualifiers and managed to make it up into the top 35. Not a terrible return for a donkey freeroll All in on the flop freeroll ticket win!!

I did kind of a play by play while I was playing - for anyone who is interested I'm pasting it down below.

Day 2 begain with me in 131st out of 567 total qualifiers. The number of day 1 runners was 4676.

I diligently folded 88s in the big blind after a short stack at about 15bb open jammed from early position, and a stack that had me covered re shoved. Sucks because I would have won and tripled up. Open shoving player had AJ and the re-shove hand was AK.

I didn't realize but this day 2 is 8 minute blind levels - so the tourney is quite fast, compared to the day 1 levels.

I saw one flop from bb. Opponent cbet and I folded 9 high.

Opened Q/J s from MP flop is 234 check turn is a T opponent bets 70 % pot - I fold.

Shove A5s from bb into LP open for 9bb and get a double

Shove 77 from bb into active player who was opening all LP hands, and get a double pushed me up to average stack at around 190 remaining.

Opened 66 from MP at 15bb and had a shorty jam on me I heald and pused me up to 19bb which was just under event average.

Cashed for 100.00 with 16bb in my stack - tourney average was 23.

Bumped up to 2bb with AT on AA flop

After 2nd break 63rd out of 132 remaining with 21bb. Just cashed for 110.00

So far no premiums. I've been dealt duces twice - folded both times and I folded 66s once UTG.

Open folded to a shove K/Q off.

Shove 88 with 9bb and got the double. 90 remain -

Open Shove A/T o for 5.75bb EP and get it through which gave me 8bb

Picked up AK off very next hand in bb shoved into LP open and SB call and got the folds. up to 12bb.

Opened KQ and cbet on JTx flop and chipped back up to 12bb. 58 remain.

Picked up JJ in sb with 10bb short stack open shove from EP for 6bb I reshove 10bb and he hits his flush with KQ. I'm crippled down to 4.5bb
I'm in dead last 51/51 with 4.5bb

I've made 190.00 and if I hold out I can make 200 with 4 more bust outs.

Made 200 still alive with 1.92bb after the blinds eat me up.

Pick up JJ on button with 1.75bb remaining. I shove, get called by bb and win.

Back up to 4.8bb at 3rd break. 44 remain - I'm in 44th.

Easy game now - and even if I get a double up - just wait and jam.

Jammed J/T s into open - ended up making a straight - YES!! You gotta win your all ins!!!
Up to 11bb

Still an easy game with this short stack.

Shove A/3 off when its folded to me in sb - I chip up to 8bb again.

Laddered - have earned 220.00 still alive with 8bb. Next pay jump is 250 at 28th - I'm running in 32nd with 35 remaining.

I pick up AQ off in the bb with 5.5bb behind. Button opens 2x and I jam. He calls with A3 off and hits his 3. I'm out in 32nd place for $220.00. That was unfortunate but I can't complain, I earned a free 220.00 dollars from a freeroll ticket.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Congratulations ! You did a good job and got a nice bonus for your game!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Awesome JOB my friend!!!!Never stop!!!!!

A

Armandomza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

The freeroll ticket turned into $220.00. I ended up finishing 32nd out of a total of 4676 day 1 participants. I started off the event in 131st out of 567 day 2 qualifiers and managed to make it up into the top 35. Not a terrible return for a donkey freeroll All in on the flop freeroll ticket win!!

Hice una especie de jugada por jugada mientras jugaba; para cualquiera que esté interesado, lo pego a continuación.

El día 2 comenzó conmigo en el puesto 131 de un total de 567 clasificados. El número de corredores del día 1 fue 4676.

Diligentemente foldeé 88s en la ciega grande después de que una pila pequeña de alrededor de 15bb abierta se atascara desde una posición temprana, y una pila que me tenía cubierta fue empujada. Apesta porque habría ganado y triplicado. El jugador que empujó abierto tenía AJ y la mano que volvió a empujar fue AK.

No me di cuenta, pero este día 2 son niveles de ciegas de 8 minutos, por lo que el torneo es bastante rápido, en comparación con los niveles del día 1.

Vi un fracaso de bb. La cbet del oponente y yo tiramos 9 alto.

Las Q/J abiertas del flop MP son 234. El turno de check es un T. El oponente apuesta el 70 % del bote y me retiro.

Empuje A5s de bb a LP abierto para 9bb y obtenga un doble

Shove 77 from bb into active player who was opening all LP hands, and get a double pushed me up to average stack at around 190 remaining.

Opened 66 from MP at 15bb and had a shorty jam on me I heald and pused me up to 19bb which was just under event average.

So far no premiums. I've been dealt duces twice - folded both times and I folded 66s once UTG.

Picked up AK off very next hand in bb shoved into LP open and SB call and got the folds. up to 12bb.

Recogí a JJ en sb con 10bb shortstack open-shove de EP por 6bb I reshove 10bb y logra su color con KQ. Estoy lisiado a 4.5bb
Estoy en el último 51/51 con 4.5bb

He hecho 190,00 y si aguanto puedo hacer 200 con 4 bust outs más.

Hice 200 aún con vida con 1.92bb después de que las ciegas me devoraran.

Recoge a JJ en el botón con 1.75bb restantes. Empujo, me llama bb y gano.

Vuelva a subir a 4.8bb en el tercer descanso. Quedan 44, estoy en el 44.

Juego fácil ahora, e incluso si obtengo un doble, solo espera y toca.

J/T s atascados en abierto - terminé haciendo una escalera - ¡SÍ! Tienes que ganar tus all ins!!!
Hasta 11bb

Sigue siendo un juego fácil con esta pila pequeña.

Empuje A/3 cuando esté doblado hacia mí en sb - Vuelvo a fichar hasta 8bb.

Laddered: ha ganado 220,00 aún con vida con 8bb. El próximo salto salarial es de 250 en el puesto 28. Me postulo en el puesto 32 y me quedan 35.

Recojo AQ en la bb con 5.5bb atrás. El botón se abre 2x y me atasco. Paga con A3 apagado y mete su 3. Estoy fuera en el puesto 32 por $220.00. Eso fue desafortunado, pero no me puedo quejar, gané 220.00 dólares gratis con un boleto de freeroll.

I did kind of a play by play while I was playing - for anyone who is interested I'm pasting it down below.

Day 2 begain with me in 131st out of 567 total qualifiers. The number of day 1 runners was 4676.

I diligently folded 88s in the big blind after a short stack at about 15bb open jammed from early position, and a stack that had me covered re shoved. Sucks because I would have won and tripled up. Open shoving player had AJ and the re-shove hand was AK.

I didn't realize but this day 2 is 8 minute blind levels - so the tourney is quite fast, compared to the day 1 levels.

Opened Q/J s from MP flop is 234 check turn is a T opponent bets 70 % pot - I fold.

Hasta el momento sin primas. Me han repartido duces dos veces - foldeé ambas veces y foldeé 66s una vez UTG.

Abierto doblado a un empujón K/Q fuera.

Shove 88 con 9bb y consiguió el doble. quedan 90 -

Abre Shove A/T o para 5.75bb EP y obténlo, lo que me dio 8bb

Recogí AK de la siguiente mano en BB, metí todo en LP abierto y SB pagó y se retiró. hasta 12bb.

Abrió KQ y cbet en el flop JTx y volvió a fichar hasta 12bb. Quedan 58.

Recogí a JJ en sb con 10bb shortstack open-shove de EP por 6bb I reshove 10bb y logra su color con KQ. Estoy lisiado a 4.5bb
Estoy en el último 51/51 con 4.5bb

He hecho 190,00 y si aguanto puedo hacer 200 con 4 bust outs más.

Hice 200 aún con vida con 1.92bb después de que las ciegas me devoraran.

Recoge a JJ en el botón con 1.75bb restantes. Empujo, me llama bb y gano.

Vuelva a subir a 4.8bb en el tercer descanso. Quedan 44, estoy en el 44.

Juego fácil ahora, e incluso si obtengo un doble, solo espera y toca.

J/T s atascados en abierto - terminé haciendo una escalera - ¡SÍ! Tienes que ganar tus all ins!!!
Hasta 11bb

Sigue siendo un juego fácil con esta pila pequeña.

Empuje A/3 cuando esté doblado hacia mí en sb - Vuelvo a fichar hasta 8bb.

Laddered: ha ganado 220,00 aún con vida con 8bb. El próximo salto salarial es de 250 en el puesto 28. Me postulo en el puesto 32 y me quedan 35.

Recojo AQ en la bb con 5.5bb atrás. El botón se abre 2x y me atasco. Paga con A3 apagado y mete su 3. Estoy fuera en el puesto 32 por $220.00. Eso fue desafortunado, pero no me puedo quejar, gané 220.00 dólares gratis con un boleto de freeroll.

Picked up JJ in sb with 10bb short stack open shove from EP for 6bb I reshove 10bb and he hits his flush with KQ. I'm crippled down to 4.5bb
I'm in dead last 51/51 with 4.5bb

I've made 190.00 and if I hold out I can make 200 with 4 more bust outs.

Made 200 still alive with 1.92bb after the blinds eat me up.

Pick up JJ on button with 1.75bb remaining. I shove, get called by bb and win.

Back up to 4.8bb at 3rd break. 44 remain - I'm in 44th.

Easy game now - and even if I get a double up - just wait and jam.

Jammed J/T s into open - ended up making a straight - YES!! You gotta win your all ins!!!
Up to 11bb

Still an easy game with this short stack.

Shove A/3 off when its folded to me in sb - I chip up to 8bb again.

Laddered - have earned 220.00 still alive with 8bb. Next pay jump is 250 at 28th - I'm running in 32nd with 35 remaining.

I pick up AQ off in the bb with 5.5bb behind. Button opens 2x and I jam. He calls with A3 off and hits his 3. I'm out in 32nd place for $220.00. That was unfortunate but I can't complain, I earned a free 220.00 dollars from a freeroll ticket.
Hello mate! I imagine the adrenaline you had in those final moments. I hope one day I get to play those levels!

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats ITM! 👏 Very well done! 😀👍