Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain VPIP33/ PFR20/ 3BET0
PF X3 BTN-C SB-C
FLOP - 1/2 - UTG1-C- BTN F
TURN CHECK- UTG1 Value bet
River SB Jams with remaining 4 blinds , I call.

What must I have done at the turn?

Attachments

• qq.jpg
    qq.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if it's just for me, but the way you posted that hand was confusing.

Just a suggestion, why don't you use the hand converter here from CC ??

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO the flop was way too ugly to do anything but check. So now if he value bets the turn I might think he is trying to steal it and I'm now sitting with the 2nd nut flush. So I probably make the mistake of smooth calling and hope the A or 10 of spades is on the river because either card traps him. I don't think anything you could have done would have got him to fold the turn.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My brain is too fried to try to figure out what your stack was to start the hand and how BBs you had but there is a chance that you should be just getting it in pre here if your stack was 20BBs or less. As far as the post flop goes it depends on how big villains value bet was on the turn and what your stack was to start the turn but if I had a stack that I thought was small enough (SPR less than 2 on the turn) I am probably considering jamming on the turn even with the the ace of spades beating us and Kx beating us. Random Kx with no spades would probably fold there so it is not a bad bluff spot and there are time when we can be called by worse there as well so it would be a little bit of a merge bet if those really do exist.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How big was your value bet on the turn? You have the third nuts on the turn. T7s is unlikely, A5s+ is definitely in your opponent's hand range. If he holds the ace of spades in an unsuited combo, he will likely call on the flop, especially if he's already short stacked. If he flopped the straight pre-flop with QT (maybe with the ten in spades) he will not fold either, just like with a flopped 2 pair (which is) or a set. On the turn I would only be afraid of the nut flush ... the straight flush is too rare, but the opponent could also represent the nut flush and therefore a bluff could work. A push with 3rd nuts in case you are the bigstack and hope for the best seems reasonable. To put all together: In my opinion the hand was played well ... that your opponent makes the full on the river is just unfortunate to you. Play this way ... all good. :)

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My brain is too fried to try to figure out what your stack was to start the hand and how BBs you had but there is a chance that you should be just getting it in pre here if your stack was 20BBs or less. As far as the post flop goes it depends on how big villains value bet was on the turn and what your stack was to start the turn but if I had a stack that I thought was small enough (SPR less than 2 on the turn) I am probably considering jamming on the turn even with the the ace of spades beating us and Kx beating us. Random Kx with no spades would probably fold there so it is not a bad bluff spot and there are time when we can be called by worse there as well so it would be a little bit of a merge bet if those really do exist.

How big was your value bet on the turn? You have the third nuts on the turn. T7s is unlikely, A5s+ is definitely in your opponent's hand range. If he holds the ace of spades in an unsuited combo, he will likely call on the flop, especially if he's already short stacked. If he flopped the straight pre-flop with QT (maybe with the ten in spades) he will not fold either, just like with a flopped 2 pair (which is) or a set. On the turn I would only be afraid of the nut flush ... the straight flush is too rare, but the opponent could also represent the nut flush and therefore a bluff could work. A push with 3rd nuts in case you are the bigstack and hope for the best seems reasonable. To put all together: In my opinion the hand was played well ... that your opponent makes the full on the river is just unfortunate to you. Play this way ... all good. :)

I started the hand with 50BB, the SB had 23 BB.
F SB bets 60% I called.
T SB checks I raised 33% as value then he jams

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, its much easier, if you use the free hand converter here on CC and then share either a converted hand history or a link to the replayer. Moreover there is a subforum for hand reviews, where posts like this belong. With this out of the way, on to the hand :)

Preflop
Opening QQ is of course very standard, and if you were >50BB deep, 3BB can be a fine size to use. If most of the players behind you were shorter, you could also use 2,5BB. The most important thing is to use the same size with your entire range, if the opponents are competent.

Flop
As I understand it, BTN called and SB called, which must than have created a pot of around 11BB. SB donk led for half pot, and you called, which makes the pot 22BB. Its kind of a close spot, because there is an overcard on the board, the board is monotone, and you have another guy left to act behind you. But you also have a gutshot to a straight and a draw to the second nut flush, so overall I would also lean towards paying off this bet and then evaluate later. Without the flushdraw I would have folded though.

Turn + river
You made the second nut flush, and he checked to you. If he started with 23BB, he had 14,5BB left now, which is less than a pot sized bet. For me I would just jam now and be done. If he happen to have the nut flush, he got you, and if not you have the best hand, and there is not really enough stack left behind to make this a 3 street hand. Instead it seem, you bet kind of small, and after that its very confusing, what happened. Either he check-jammed, or he just called and then donk-jammed the river giving you almost 10:1. In either case you had a trivial call.

Results
After the turn this was just a cooler, and there is nothing, you could have done to avoid dubbling him up. A lot of the chips, if not all, went in on the turn, where you were a 10:1 favourite to win the hand, and the fact, he hit his 4-outer on the river, does not matter. Again and again people share hands, where they got it in good but got drawn out on. But this is going to happen to everyone, and there is nothing, we can do about it. So stop sweating runouts, as Jon Poker said in another thread. Once the chips have been put in, the hand is essentially over :)

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, its much easier, if you use the free hand converter here on CC and then share either a converted hand history or a link to the replayer. Moreover there is a subforum for hand reviews, where posts like this belong. With this out of the way, on to the hand :)

Preflop
Opening QQ is of course very standard, and if you were >50BB deep, 3BB can be a fine size to use. If most of the players behind you were shorter, you could also use 2,5BB. The most important thing is to use the same size with your entire range, if the opponents are competent.

Flop
As I understand it, BTN called and SB called, which must than have created a pot of around 11BB. SB donk led for half pot, and you called, which makes the pot 22BB. Its kind of a close spot, because there is an overcard on the board, the board is monotone, and you have another guy left to act behind you. But you also have a gutshot to a straight and a draw to the second nut flush, so overall I would also lean towards paying off this bet and then evaluate later. Without the flushdraw I would have folded though.

Turn + river
You made the second nut flush, and he checked to you. If he started with 23BB, he had 14,5BB left now, which is less than a pot sized bet. For me I would just jam now and be done. If he happen to have the nut flush, he got you, and if not you have the best hand, and there is not really enough stack left behind to make this a 3 street hand. Instead it seem, you bet kind of small, and after that its very confusing, what happened. Either he check-jammed, or he just called and then donk-jammed the river giving you almost 10:1. In either case you had a trivial call.

Results
After the turn this was just a cooler, and there is nothing, you could have done to avoid dubbling him up. A lot of the chips, if not all, went in on the turn, where you were a 10:1 favourite to win the hand, and the fact, he hit his 4-outer on the river, does not matter. Again and again people share hands, where they got it in good but got drawn out on. But this is going to happen to everyone, and there is nothing, we can do about it. So stop sweating runouts, as Jon Poker said in another thread. Once the chips have been put in, the hand is essentially over :)
Thx for replying. I was going to call the river anyways. so I guess the best case scenario for me was to jam the turn. But tbh I wanted to see a straight flash