Professional Player in Freeroll Poker tournaments

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am neither very sure nor strongly agreed, I think that professionals do not enter to play in freerolls, I understand that due to the profits it can generate, it is more of a waste of time to spend hours playing free for a few dollars, they invest their time in tournaments juicier, is my humble opinion.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If the pros play freerolls, then there is a reason why they are playing, but this reason has nothing to do with the prize money, if these are not super lucrative offers from different platforms. And what is a professional?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't see any problems as the rules are the same for all players !!!

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no no no...

If the poker player is professional, he will not enter in freerolls, cause will spend so much time for too little money... there is not a good professionals in freerolls...

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Honestly I dont mind it. In game like Poker there will always be little bit misshap with skill and buy-ins. Like there is complete beginners in 1k tourneys.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone should be allowed to play freerolls, but unless it’s a promotional freeroll or a challenge, I don’t see other reason why a professional player would play freerolls.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think everyone should be allowed to play freerolls, but unless it’s a promotional freeroll or a challenge, I don’t see other reason why a professional player would play freerolls.

Could it be that real money poker is not allowed in their state in United States

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love pros to play the freerolls!!!!! I think this is a platform for us to improve our play not just a source of money. So if the pros are playing and I take 1st I call it a good game!!!!!:D:D

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i want to play with the PROS, if ever they want to play it in the first place

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the truth is that no, even many players who play for pleasure have the possibility of playing with a professional, which serves to motivate players to play poker, I have even seen celebrities play in freerolls this happens in the big poker rooms. poker.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don,t think really, that pro players will waste their time to play any freerolls. Maybe sometimes they can play it for fun, but to be honest i think they did not do this. I think they spend lots of hours for a regular play, cash games or tournament and they just do not interesting in loosing this time for freerolls with lots of players.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pro players love the game and it doesn't matter what the prize is in the end! Winning is what its all about!

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't playing with a pro if they had to play for a promotion in a freeroll.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On different platforms there are freeroll tournaments where beginners have opportunities to generate resources, is it a disadvantage to admit professional players in these tournaments?

well yes in terms of winnings, no in terms of training new poker players via the ones with XP. ;)

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On different platforms there are freeroll tournaments where beginners have opportunities to generate resources, is it a disadvantage to admit professional players in these tournaments?

No. The rules of freerolls are that everyone is welcome. Why should someone not be allowed to play? That makes no sense at all

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is really never going to happen, unless the "pro" is in the freeroll to generate interest and maybe have a bounty on his head for others to try and knock out. WHY do I say this won't happen?? Because in poker , professional poker players figure out what their "hourly rate" is, and believe me pros will not sit in freerolls because it just does NOT pay. 1st of all, it is a bingo game, people are shoving any 2, any position. I do believe that pros could navigate their way through but it is not worth the time. Relax , and rest assured that your freeroll is going to be filled with Rec players

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Whatever the reason why a pro goes into a freerol, I think it shouldn't be a problem.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would make for an interesting movie. Pro busts out and proceeds to ruin his staking reputation. Crawls his way back from freerolls. Squirrels away enough to enter a major and wins a big one, sees the error of his ways, pays off his backers, and achieves greatness.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only freerolls I play are Cardschat one,Pro's don't meet the rules so their not in here but I would love to play with these guys in a freeroll but I somehow don't think were getting their A game in a freeroll:D

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why wouldu play freerolls for a couple of nuggets when u can compete for a stake on the chicken farm?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in freerolls, professional players are simply necessary to motivate novice players.I often see such freerolls on pokerstars and they give a reward for knocking out professionals.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have noticed on GGPoker many pros play midstakes and high stakes as a freeroll selling half of buy in for double the price.
The $150 entry gets covered by backers in this example at 2.0 so the pro can not lose in these tournaments but still get 50% of the profits sweet deal if sell it.
45bdb4535ec1ef8f3af9c8dd5e27ec48.png

Pros seem to be happy with all the freerolls they can get many are eager to play for free without risk,
5 or 6 digit amounts worth of volume played sometimes with a 2x mark up by some of them it looks like to me to be honest.:)
858dae7d0e4167f71c03bddb50564312.png

Last edited:
WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing in a freeroll is always plus EV, and pro players love +EV)))

So it would be quite logical for them to play in freerolls.

On the other hand, the prize pool in freerolls is pretty much always quite low, while number of entrants is quite big. Hence, as profitable it might be in terms of EV, no pro that has a bankroll will bother playing freerolls.

I think freerolls are meant to be for player who are willing to try playing poker seriously, but do not have spare cash, or simply do not want to risk money while trying. Once a player generates any kind of bankroll, he usually stops playing freerolls as it is much more efficient to play tournaments where prize pool is generated through buy-ins and thus can reach tremendous amounts.

Anyways, even if lots of pro players are participating in freerolls I do not think that it is bad. Personally, I enjoy playing against strong opponents rather than fish.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Promotions, bounties or advertising, all reason someone would play. They are open to all, that includes skilled players.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your proposal seems ridiculous to me)))