Pot odds in sit and goes

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a sit and go recently where i raised and then a guy after me shoves, everyone else folds,
My pot odds were about 0.27
And I had about 40% equity against his likely shoving range, so a profitable call?
Although I'm thinking seeing as it was a double or nothing, once I bust, that's it, all potential profit is gone.
In spots like this when it's a close call in sng's is it not better to wait for better spots
Cheers

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a sit and go recently where i raised and then a guy after me shoves, everyone else folds,
My pot odds were about 0.27
And I had about 40% equity against his likely shoving range, so a profitable call?
Although I'm thinking seeing as it was a double or nothing, once I bust, that's it, all potential profit is gone.
In spots like this when it's a close call in sng's is it not better to wait for better spots
Cheers

I'm note really deep into the math like you explain but I do know that in SNGs bubbles and most of the time when it comes to a 10-15BB stacks before ITM it is a game of push or fold and sometimes what it seems a profitable call it really isn't and always you need a better hand to make a call than you need to make a push On SNGs the most important thing is ICM... hope this helps you sometimes I understand things but it is little hard to explain or just can't remember the exact theory but i know I read once studying SNGs Good luck!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By 0.27 pot odds, we're talking about odds of between 2:1 and 3:1 such that we need 27% equity to call it off were it not for the SNG structure? If so, then you're usually correct to call with 40% equity even in an SNG. But it does depend -- if you're mid-stacked near the bubble it could still be a fold.

Feel free to post the exact hand if you'd like!

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator