PokerNordica Freerolls Dropped!!

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I joined PokerNordica today through the CardsChat link and made an initial minimum deposit in anticipation of our week of private freerolls there later in the month. I was disappointed to find out after the fact that the $500 First Deposit Daily Freerolls have been discontinued. Anyone registering a new account after yesterday, Sunday, August 12, 2007, will not be allowed to participate in these freerolls. They will come to an end altogether when everyone who signed up prior to the cut-off date has enjoyed their 14 days of freerolls.

Note that this information appears nowhere on their site as of 19:00 Eastern time here in the States. I have browsed their website, read the terms and conditions, read the FAQ's and the information regarding tournaments and freerolls. The First Depositors freeroll is still listed as an active event with no mention of its demise. I took this to be highly misinformative and intentionally misleading, and told the support team at PokerNordica as much when replying to the following response to my query as to why I couldn't get signed in:

"Hi Jim,

We are sorry to inform you that we no longer offer the $500 First Depositor
Freeroll to players that have signed up after the 12th of August. Normally
you also have to type a code to get it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We hope you will enjoy the benefits of PokerNordica.com.

Have a nice day.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Amalie
Support Agent
PokerNordica.com
E-mail: support@pokernordica.com"

Just another shady chapter in an already shady industry that grows more shady by the day. I'll stick around for the CC freerolls, but I'm cashing out after that. On a brighter note, I played two 10-seat $5 sng's this afternoon and had no problem finishing third in one and second in the other. The level of play was horrendous. Easy pickings may be had, based on a few hours of observation. Haven't tried the ring games yet, but that's where I'm headed now.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and i cant get in the first 30 day new member freerolls...signed up last week....WHATS UP WITH THAT???:rolleyes:

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I`ve had trouble with there software and my P/C since i downloaded their site, i emailed them and got a shakey response, so yesterday i took it out of my P/C,, P/C is back to normal now,,, has Anyone else had problems After downloading their site??????????? buck
Oh Ya, it took them 5 days to get back to me via email too, thats not good support.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They sent an email about it on august 9th

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please note that from the 13th of August the coupon for the daily $500 Initial Depositor Freeroll will no longer be issued.

This means that in order to participate in this tournament you will need to make your first deposit before the 13th of August.

If you already have the coupon you will be able to use it for the normal 14 days.

The last day players will be able to use the coupon will be the 26th of August.

Kind Regards

PokerNordica.com

If you no longer wish to receive emails from PokerNordica please click here

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did have it disappear twice last night as i was 'dabbling' in low limit stud game - had to log back in as it had completely closed down :confused:

Thought it could have just been my pc playing silly buggers (it does that) but if its happening elsewhere too - that cant be good :(

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did have it disappear twice last night as i was 'dabbling' in low limit stud game - had to log back in as it had completely closed down :confused:

Thought it could have just been my pc playing silly buggers (it does that) but if its happening elsewhere too - that cant be good :(
ya like i said,i took it out and its staying out,, im just glad i didnt put it in both my P/c`s,, only 1,, as soon as i took it out my pc was fine,,, buck

rainsoaked

rainsoaked

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm...Just downloaded it and am registered for the first of my 30 days of newbie freerolls (the $50 one). The server clock is an hour behind my EDT and that threw me for a minute. But I caught on :) Now let's see if it behaves.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just there , and see first depositor $500 freerolls. With folks registering.

Perhaps you fell between the cracks of the $1000 first depositor freerolls and these.

Try again today.

rainsoaked

rainsoaked

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1000 chips, 8 minute levels. Started with 582 players, I'm out 270th. Got a pleasant congratulatory message and $0. I like the interface but not the cards that were dealt me :-( Hope all who are having troubles get things sorted out.

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please note that from the 13th of August the coupon for the daily $500 Initial Depositor Freeroll will no longer be issued.

This means that in order to participate in this tournament you will need to make your first deposit before the 13th of August.

If you already have the coupon you will be able to use it for the normal 14 days.

The last day players will be able to use the coupon will be the 26th of August.

Kind Regards

PokerNordica.com

If you no longer wish to receive emails from PokerNordica please click here

That's hilarious. Sending an email to EXISTING account holders that the NEW DEPOSITORS freeroll is being dropped. Gee, since I didn't have a PokerNordica account on August 9th, I kinda missed that one.

Meanwhile, check out their webpage. It's now August 14th and the freeroll is STILL being advertised there under promotions. Even if nobody else let them hear about it, I know I did. But they haven't changed a word. Now, what does that tell YOU about the integrity of the site?

Last edited:
RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just there , and see first depositor $500 freerolls. With folks registering.

Perhaps you fell between the cracks of the $1000 first depositor freerolls and these.

Try again today.

Did you read the email I pasted from PokerNordica support in the original thread starter? Or the email from them that alan1983 pasted? I don't believe I "fell between the cracks". And no, they haven't stopped the freerolls, they just aren't accepting new entrants who signed up after August 12th. The people you see registering in the freerolls are people who opened a new account prior to that date. When everyone's coupons are used up, they'll stop them.

larkem

larkem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is more evidence for myself of why I only deal with FT and PS as they have great customer service. From what I have witnessed.

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I let the folks at PokerNordica know that I had posted a negative comment about them (the same post I made here on CC) at CardPlayer.com, the most well-known name in poker publications here in the States, and provided them a link to it, the following reply appeared in that thread and in my home email box almost immediately:

"Hi Jim

We are sorry that our site was not updated properly due to a server error in the upload.

I have attached the $500 Initial Depositor Freeroll Coupon to your account.

Please remember that the tournament will be removed from our servers the 27th of August. This means that you can play this tournament until the 26th as the last day.

Kind Regards

Mads Vestergaard
PokerNordica.com Customer Relations Manager PokerNordica.com"

I can confirm that they've removed the First Depositors Freeroll from their list of promotional events on their website. I also have my coupon. All you can ask of a company is that when they make a mistake, it is corrected as soon as possible. To PokerNordica's credit, they did so in this instance, even if it was under the duress of some bad publicity in a well-read source. Not sure anything would have happened otherwise, but all's well that end well.

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're at it again!

Apparently, our CardsChat freeroll promotion on PokerNordica caught them during a month of sharp transitions. First, the Initial Depositor's $500 Freerolls went off the board without notice. Then, the $10 freerolls running every two hours for all customers were dropped (again, without notice) in favor of $50 freerolls open to all customers and starting every four hours. Now, the $50 freerolls have been dropped (you guessed it...without notice). All within two weeks!

They are still running New Members $50 Freerolls twice a day for the first thirty days of membership, at least for now. All of the remaining PokerNordica "freerolls" are comp point buy-in's, which dictates using deposited funds to play real money tournaments and ring games to accrue points. No deposit, no play at PN, except on the "what-are-they-playing-cause-it-sure-ain't-poker" play money tables.

The only route for turning nothing into something on PN are the Fun Table sng's. You buy into a Round One 6-player tourney for 250 play dollars. The winner is awarded entry into a Round Two 6-player tourney. The winner of that one is given a seat in a Round Three 10-player tourney. Ultimate winner gets a real buck. That's right. Successfully navigate three straight sit-n-go's and win a dollar. You can re-top your play money balance to 1,000 play dollars every so often, several times a day. For the dedicated cheapskate with a ton of time on his hands, it's the way to go, I guess.

Last edited:
Freeroll Passwords