Poker idol

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal favorites are Tom Dwan and Daniel Negreanu. On terms of the best in the world though, I've got to give it to Phil Ivey. He's just unbelievable.

Y

yewtrees

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
really likin DURR jst now and i love watching the comical twosome esfandiari and phil laak and tony G is one of my faves but i think negreanu is the most all rounded

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh god i think i might have had to read all the posts..NOT! Dan Negreanu for the win!!!

T

TheVeryBlessed

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow nobody mention Phil Hellmuth really? lol I know a lot of people don't like him, but his results speak for their self even though he'll gladly tell himself lol...

Airburn

Airburn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eli Elezra, He truly loves poker , and always takes everything with a fun attitude

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow nobody mention Phil Hellmuth really? lol I know a lot of people don't like him, but his results speak for their self even though he'll gladly tell himself lol...

The brat does enough bragging about himself, don't no body need to help him sweel his already giant ego. Saw him last night in this years WSOP Day 3 and he was just spewing away his chips, and trying to bluff like a madman and getting cought. He finally got busted jj vs his 1010 by a player he said he was going to for sure beat for 100k in chips, bah. I mean yes the guy has 13 wsop bracelets, that is aswome and on paper sure could be considered the best (perhaps nl) player in the world. However he just puts on too much of a show for my liking, granted I love to watch his blowing up and ranting when he gets beat lol.

I'd say my fav is def the kid, danial negreanu especially because he is canadian and got some great strategy in that head of his. I enjoy watching high stakes on the television all the time, wish they had a station of nothing but poker. That would be aswome, and not be nitpicky with the hands it shows but actually run full day events through the day. I think the channel would never be off on my tv.

There are certainly alot of the greats out there, and perhaps many greats not known yet that could be part of this cc community grinding the tables everyday, just takes one big tourny win to get things going (since luck is part of poker, it could happen to anyone).

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That's cool & everything but don't think this will keep me from knockin' you both out of the next CC game. :p
(maybe I don't steal the blinds?)

Meanie :D

I forgot to mention I also like Phil Ivey and the legend Doyle :)

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big fan of Daniel Negreanu .I also think Tony G is hilarious especially when he gets going with Phil Hellmuth.....scorp

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Godfather of poker Doyle Brunson man is a legend

_FISHFEET81_

_FISHFEET81_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as of right now negreneau has had lots of success, especially this year he has done real well. Ivey is also another and also I would have to say Antonius. Those three guys are my top 3 that I would put on a allstar team. My poker idol on the other hand would be phil ivey, and my all time favourite gambler Archie Karas. Google him if you have no idea who he is. This guy is the definition of having balls and not letting money be an object. just an awesome down to earth guy to. probably GONNA START AN aRCHIE THREAD NOW

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu and isildurr .

the first caus eis from odl sckool but always learn from the new school.

the second cause hes a computer and played at 21 years more money than a lotery winner .

J

jasonv12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not the best player, but my idol would probably be Phil Galfond, I just love the philosophical approach he takes to poker. It is the exact opposite as how I think and I find seeing him play/listening to him think, really helps me in areas I struggle in.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ilari Sahamies just cause he is such a badass high stakes player and his style is awesome

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu. I also like watching pretty much any of the shit talkers or guys that blow up when they lose.

Kluchtzanger

Kluchtzanger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey is the best... But I like the way how Viktor Blom smashes the tables sometimes ;) so Biktor is my idol

IM deusXmachina

IM deusXmachina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got to stick with Doyle, some of my favorite poker reads are from his experiences. If you haven't read it I highly recommend "poker wisdom of a champion" also previously entitled "according to Doyle" It is a poker book, that doesn't speak about how to play hands, or specific betting strategies. By far the best read up on poker I have ever experienced. NOT TO MENTION, we may not have the game of NLHE that we know today without Doyle, Amarillo Slim, and the rest of that little gang that really brought poker to its humble beginnings forty+ years ago when they started "the big game": what we now know as the WSOP.
:2h4:

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best player is Phil Ivey, even though i think his eyes are very strange.
Fav players are Doyle and Gus.
Cant stand Hellmuch, although his results speak for themselves so does he, sadly..
Tony G is just a foul mouthed bully who makes me feel sick every time he opens his mouth.

Skull_Sniper

Skull_Sniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got to stick with Doyle, some of my favorite poker reads are from his experiences. If you haven't read it I highly recommend "poker wisdom of a champion" also previously entitled "according to Doyle" It is a poker book, that doesn't speak about how to play hands, or specific betting strategies. By far the best read up on poker I have ever experienced. NOT TO MENTION, we may not have the game of NLHE that we know today without Doyle, Amarillo Slim, and the rest of that little gang that really brought poker to its humble beginnings forty+ years ago when they started "the big game": what we now know as the WSOP.
:2h4:
Ditto~

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite poker player is Daniel Negreanu so far. Not just because he is one of the best, but he also seems like very nice guy and his playing style seems pretty similar to mine (ofcourse much more better :D)

Then its Phil Ivey. This guy has gift from god. I dont even know how to call it, its just gift in so many ways.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over all tournament play I guess I'd go with Ivey. NL Hold'em Tournaments for sure Hellmuth. Cash player ? There are quite a few good ones, don't think I could pick a certain one.

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is your poker idol ?? Who is the best player on the world ??

I've got alot of respect for sam trickett I think he is one of the best players in the world. very different to ivy or hellmuth.
but he is fearless I've never seen anyone as fearless on a poker table than sam trickett...
he has the most WSOP cashes in one series to record - and on his way to becoming the richest ever poker player in history (or most winnings)

apart from that crazy gambling guy who made 40 million. lol

babydrago9

babydrago9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey has proved to be the best holdem player, he just needs the no limit bracelet to confirm it, if he won the main event he would be the best in almost everyones eyes. My favourite is negreanu and dwan, which explained my 1st online name: kid.durr :)