Poker Hand Quiz w/Collin Moshman: $5 Progressive Knockout Tournament (video)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Collin Moshman runs us through a three hand poker quiz in this CardsChat Exclusive video. In this quiz we focus on hands from a $5 Progressive Knockout, where action can be fast and furious, allowing for some wild plays. Watch the video, take some notes, and post in the comments how you do! Have a question? Ask away, and Collin will do his best to get back to you.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, and good luck in the quiz!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, considering your line of reasoning, i think the first (re-raise all-in) and second hand (just checking) were good, i would just change the third hand to a fold instead of make a raise, i think it was a little bold decision, although this format requires more action.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends on the situation of the tournament if i am starting a tournament i would fold all hands, now if i'm on it i would try to fold the chips to follow the tournament and play safe!

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The strategy in tournaments with progressive knockouts can change quite a lot depending on the stage of the tournament and has interesting and complex dynamics

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collin Moshman runs us through a three hand poker quiz in this CardsChat Exclusive video. In this quiz we focus on hands from a $5 Progressive Knockout, where action can be fast and furious, allowing for some wild plays. Watch the video, take some notes, and post in the comments how you do! Have a question? Ask away, and Collin will do his best to get back to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caKqU9JIizk
Collin Мошман с pokerstrategy ? :wavey:

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting video.
I like the Progressive Knockout Tournaments so it interesting to see the video and learn about the game.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How Can i resolve this problem?

I can't see the link.

:icon_thum

Attachments

• debi.jpg
    debi.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 54
m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caKqU9JIizk

Can you look the imagem?

I'cant see the link hehehhe

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys! Acidburn, I like shoving in the 3rd hand because there's a lot of dead money and we will often get heads-up against the bounty.

m0t22, I tried hyperlinking but that embeds the video in my reply, which I think is normally a great thing but I understand you're not seeing it that way for some reason. Maybe try going directly to the CardsChat Youtube page? Hope it starts working for you!

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Collin, well played AQ Considering that you were on the button, I would have done (allin) to try to get a player out of action and just face one, would that play be correct too?
On move 88 I think I would have made a continuation bet on the flop, I think I would not have checked, I would have bet half of the pot, I think it is also a correct play?
Thanks for the video Collin

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hand of AQ, I think we would all have played the same, especially in this type of tournaments, where you have to take more risks than in normal tournaments.
Great video Collin, thank you very much.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Ammje, glad you enjoyed this video!

Mackmasterss, yes, shoving AQ and c-betting 88 were the correct answers in both those hands so you are definitely right :)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing a progressive knockout at micro-limits, I realized that a lot of players at the table will sell for a knockout and soul and therefore I write notes to such guys and endure and endure, wait for a good hand to put up and go register in the next tournament)))

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have updated my drivers on my pc and still no sound . Is there a transcript ? Or text ?
I even tried to play this on another pc - I have two - a desktop and laptop and still no sound. I was not able to get sound on any of the videos from the CC You Tube site either.
I will keep trying , I have run out of time this morning and must get to work - I thought I could listen to it before work - but I spent that time trying to get settings fixed - and updates done , which didn't work.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. AQ offsuit - Colin - reraise - allin , Me - that is one of my fav hands and I would likely shove on it !
2. Pocket 8's - Colin - raise , continue bet ? Yes , Me - I would wait to see what the others do , if they just call, then I would raise .
3. A4 offsuit preflop - Colin - normally fold , Me - I would likely fold that , or just call.
Colin - bet - shove , Me I would of just bet .

Good video after I got my sound on :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They were bold decisions and they reward in the long term. Generally in a game that has moved on stages, I would play the same, especially the first (AQ) and the third (88). The A4 play I think it was a risky play, because it was not suited and the 4 is a low kicker, but the position is very good, so I would play it like this in some cases, depending from the players`s ranges.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly Knockout is quite an interesting format, but at the same time it is complex. The range of hands in the draw is huge. It's quite difficult to adjust. All-in preflop is the most dangerous thing to do. Especially if the stack is small. In these tournaments, aggression is not the right way out. There is always someone who will respond to any action. Another thing is that you can always catch 1-2 opponents who were led to the all-in of a small stack. In this case often crashes not short stack, and those who for his head hunted.
In this case, about this happened. AQ undoubtedly went in this regard. There were chances of a clean victory, but there was just an increase in the stack, which is also pretty good. 88 I don't understand. In this case, and in this Board the check does not look impressive. Continuation bet. If we're already in the game. Why two check? Where is the alleged aggression? Well A4 in General, not the most successful approach. prerequisites do not see

lucas24

lucas24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with all hands, but in the last one, the re-raise all in with A-4o is a very difficult decision, but as you said in the video, the CO didn't re-reaise and SB had the opportunity to re-raise to isolate with the button but they didn't do that. Some of them could have a premium hand (aces, kings, queens) and can catch us, but I think that situation will not happen too often. I think is the most profitable move.

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the video!

In these PKO micro MTTs people go crazy to get a bounty (like the A6o guy)..

1. I would have played the same in the AQo hand, going all-in.
2. I would have bet in the flop in the 88 hand, not sure in the river, probably check back if I get called in the flop.
3. Having a shortstack behind and knowing that people go crazy for bounties, I'm not sure I would even open A4o. As played, I think I would have folded. Interesting hand, makes sense to shove.

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably would have raised the a4
And called the weaker stack if no one else was interested.
But folded or mucked to start with..

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I mostly agree with the analysis. As I had watched the video and commented on it three weeks ago, I will elaborate here:
Slow-playing pocket 8s post flop was like asking for trouble. After checking the turn, betting the river would be of no value imo. Only a bluff catching hand would call and we allowed two more higher cards to hit the board...

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Collin, very well the decisions in the different game situations, in the second situation the bet could have gone up, since both players passed after seeing the flop, my question would be the following: why did you decide to pass and not bet ?, but I think it's a delicate situation, very good reading in all three games.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have updated my drivers on my pc and still no sound . Is there a transcript ? Or text ?

I support this issue, although for a different reason. Not all forum participants are fluent in spoken English, and a text version would be useful for using translation programs. :confused:

The rest is a great video on an interesting and popular tournament poker format. :bandit:

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

a somewhat difficult situation, since taking into account three two players had raised and re raise, and as a button having a good hand I think that hand was well played when going all in, and in tournaments like KO there is always a lot of variance and sometimes it's worth playing a couple of other cards

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands