Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello, how do you deal with the mistakes you make in tournaments. Do you learn from them or do you repeat them? Personally, I keep repeating them and I don't know what the reason is, even though I play a lot of hands and maybe fatigue bothers me. Would you give advice?

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Ecery mistakes keep on repeating. My advice is when the opponent is showing a really strong bet. I will fold even if I have 2 pair or hit the set.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won when I played tight my friend, don't try all in just to steal blinds like ever... Took me a while to not do this, I played great the whole tournament and do this with ace, six. I try see it as I don't want to be upset. You then have to decide what makes you upset and stick to it

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, how do you deal with the mistakes you make in tournaments. Do you learn from them or do you repeat them? Personally, I keep repeating them and I don't know what the reason is, even though I play a lot of hands and maybe fatigue bothers me. Would you give advice?
can you be more specific about your mistakes?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Our mistakes are the basis for growth and improvement. And if every time you analyze your game and your mistakes in detail, then over time you will be able to really improve your game and your results.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know those mistakes are something that regularly happens in your game, write down those hands for review later. I usually ask myself questions, "What made me call here? What did I think my opponent was doing? Why did I choose that bet sizing?" and any other questions I can think of. Then hopefully next time, alarm bells with go off and I'll pause for a moment.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are making the same mistake or mistakes over and over again that probably is a sign that you are not thinking about the game enough away from the table. Most of the larger mistakes we make as players sting us and stick with us which winds up being a good thing. It makes us learn from it and not repeat it. My guess is you are making a mistake that is part of your "default" mindset while playing and you are not changing your mindset when playing. If this is the case try to be more adaptive and not play the same style all the time but try new things and new playing styles while remembering what did not work in the past. Dont go into a tournament thinking this is how Im going to play but let the game flow come to you. One of the things I tell myself at times while playing is that I dont know the right way to play poker but I do know some of the wrong ways through experience. Remember those failures, know you cant play that way and try something different. New does not necessarily mean radical or crazy plays (fancy play syndrome), it can just be a twist on how you have played before.

At least you are recognizing you are making mistakes, now you just need to graduate to moving away from them. The worst you can do is play poker and believe you are not making mistakes because that occurs when you are not good enough to even know you are making a mistake.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The mistakes I repeat are misreads. After playing with someone a while you get to see patterns… then that pattern of a weak hand ends up being a monster…most of the time it only becomes the monster on the river so clearly I should have bet more.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mistakes tend to be repeated, just like bad habits are hard to break.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody.
The one who does nothing is not mistaken, you must be able to work on your mistakes.
I lose 95% when entering the game with KK. I have a question: is this my lucky pair and on my part it is a mistake to fight for the bank with them?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overplaying weak hands has become my mistake lately.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Some mistakes are easy to fix and never do again. Some habits are just not easy to break, and we do them over and over again. It does take time and effort to break these issues, but they can be done. One you lose enough buy ins making a mistake you will eventually stop or go broke.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always learn from them, never tilt on them tilting wont help you at all, learn from it and move one, making mistakes is part of the learning process and losing is aswell if you dont make a mistake how can you learn to improve from them?

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most players, even when disappointed with their results, do not try to improve them in any serious way. To achieve this goal, you need to objectively assess yourself and change some of your attitudes and habits. But instead players defend their egos by endlessly complaining and referring to bad luck.you understand about your mistakes and this is already a huge plus on the way to great victories, over time it will become easier not to make mistakes that you already know about.gl

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
study study and study. If you don't work regulary on your game, and you don't feel that your game is a serious business then you will always make same mistakes over and over. You need to treat it seriously, , take your time, think about every decision and then make it. People often make same mistakes because they make snap actions, and don't think about anything during a hand except their hand.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I find that I’m making the same mistake over and over I would reevaluate the way I’m playing the hand and do little things to correct it.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lose because of mistakes I usually get mad at myself, but I do think I make them less often. If I bust, but it wasn't because of a mistake I did (or my opponent) I don't usually get mad.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes. All kinds of mistakes keep coming back. My advice is when the opponent shows a really strong bet. I will fold even if I have 2 pairs or hit the sets. [/ QUOTE That's right one of my mistakes is paying with weak hands and I will try to correct it.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Personally, I think it depends on what the mistake is, but I must admit that it costs me a bit to say that I made a mistake and try to avoid making the same mistake, other times I say I should not do this or that and I manage to do it, but other times it's hard

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's very frustrating to me when I make the same mistakes , that reminds me that I have to study way far more and play less , lol

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make enough mistakes and you are either broke or wiser, or both.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In live tournaments I carry a small notebook and write down hands when I'm able. Online, I tag those hands in my hud for later review.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to learn from mistakes, you need to disassemble them, if there is no way to do it yourself or you don’t understand, then I advise you to take 1-2 training sessions with the analysis of the base and the moments that cause you questions. if not, then publish distributions or situations where you can suggest more experienced players.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You say you are playing a lot of hands and maybe fatigue bothers you. I absolutely agree that can happen. When I'm tired, I'm not playing my A game or even B game and bad habits creep back in to my game. Try to play less tables if you are multi tabling or do shorter sessions. Don't sign up to that tourney that's going to take 7 hours, play a turbo or sit and go instead.