Chips
thanks i would no agree with all of this but thanks for the info

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checking the pot is only possible in position. and the main thing in the game is the pot. so playing out of position is one of the worst mistakes we've made. to a few days I lost a healthy pile just by being out of position.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Great responses! Position is super important to me. Its tough playing a good pair
with one or two callers behind you. What to do, raise your bet? check? If they bet what then? If we knew we would be pro's.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think playing out of position in micro limits and freerolls is not as important as in the higher limits. I play mostly from fun and often I do not pay attention to the position I play..

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im very careful with position when it comes to poker, I mostly play in position , rarely out of position, only when I get the cards to play for lol suited face cards are my favourites when it comes to out of position

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are out of position after the flop, whether you were the raiser or not, you should be checking back a large portion if not all of your range. In situations at tables that are tight and the flop is wet you may find a donk lead is proper. When you're strong you should be check raising or calling depending on your opponents range.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I just started to make decisions based on my position and what it really means at the poker table! I see that some of players even dont think about such impotrant strategical points and loose so much posibilities to get extra value in specific situation.So this article comes exactly at that moment to me when I started to realise the strength of position in poker more then earlier!TY CC

J

JeremyDCowan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I still struggle with this damn in and out of position stuff!

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no one rule fits all in hold'em. It depends on every single situation.

I see guys play any two over cards to the river from any position. I label these guys as morons. Actually I use a more R term to describe these guys but they are easy pickings when you have a hand. When you don't hit your cards, they are a nuisance cuz then there's no way you can win the hand since there is zero fold equity.

They contribute to the luckier guys who make a hand. It can get frustrating when they are calling any bet with A6 offsuit and then chasing to the river and pair their ace. It's happened so many times.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for interestig article! Fortunately I know almost all rules, represented here and I use the next one in my game. But it`s good to repeat ABC rules!
The most part of my hands I try to play in position and this stratagy is profitable for me)

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I share most of what the article says. Although some issues are totally personal and we will always think differently.
I think it depends on the stage we are in the tournament, the stack we have and the knowledge we have of the opponents. The decision is made considering all those factors.
In the early stages of a tournament I try to play IP and only play OOP when I'm short stack, being aggressive trying to double up me.
The position gives an advantage that does not give OOP, which is the information of the hand and play based on that, as the main factor to consider, sometimes without having good cards in hand.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I think playing out of position in micro limits and freerolls is not as important as in the higher limits. I play mostly from fun and often I do not pay attention to the position I play..
I agree about the freerolls and playing OOP, often you can use a players tendency to raise IP against them.

:bandit:

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing out of position from my point of view is undervalued. Or rather, playing with a position is overrated. The important thing is not so much the position, but the initiative. You can have a position but if you have received a 3bet and the opponent puts pressure on each street, it is of little use to you. The initiative is much more important. Of course, if you have a marginal hand it is always better to avoid playing it from OOP since often you can not give yourself a free card.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the position must be taken into account when making the decision to bet on one hand, as it gives us a better chance of winning

P

parrudao0211

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely this is also one of my problems, losing many opportunities with ranges KJs against 2 or more players, especially post ITM being very short stack the pressure goes up a lot, but gradually I am adapting also, the way is to enjoy hands like this MG and LG because at that time of the tournaments you can go from short to cheapleader.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good discussion - be sure to go through here and read the stuff that Ryan (Protential) posted - he knows it better than we do!

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't pay attention to position for the most part.
That is very important in poker,many poker players win a lot of chips in pozition,you cant win so many chips out of position,sotake a look on some proos online how play out and in pozition and you be for shure a better poker player....

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no one rule fits all in hold'em. It depends on every single situation.

I see guys play any two over cards to the river from any position. I label these guys as morons. Actually I use a more R term to describe these guys but they are easy pickings when you have a hand. When you don't hit your cards, they are a nuisance cuz then there's no way you can win the hand since there is zero fold equity.

They contribute to the luckier guys who make a hand. It can get frustrating when they are calling any bet with A6 offsuit and then chasing to the river and pair their ace. It's happened so many times.
Yes extremely sickening! When you meet players like these there's no playing poker with them you have to choose your battles pre-flop and shove all in! Position on the board is only beneficial when you're playing against good players meaning those that have a fold button otherwise you should take my advice on the all in pre-flop! Not 100% guaranteed but it works most of the time with the best hand pre-flop!

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All else being said, if you’re under the gun, under the gun-2, playing a marginal hand with seven players after you is not a good idea. Bad position, and position matters

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice article! I am going to share it with my friends.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...position is important..tighter early,more loose range later..use an orbit to study play and players...thanks darrell