Playing freeroll when you only have 30 minutes.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't have enough time to play the full game.

Take high risk, try to just shove and double up, if you become super lucky and have a moderate stack. Leave and just min cash or better.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The original way, still freeroll. And if everything turns out all right, then maybe you can get into the prizes, although there is a very small probability.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just don't play it's not fair for others player to go all in every hand !!! If you play you must be active more than 30 min

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is little chance for this. Most likely, with your all-in, no one will answer you. Even if you manage to double your stack is not enough to get into the prize pool. And the more players play the freeroll, the more you will need a stack.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Just don't play it's not fair for others player to go all in every hand !!! If you play you must be active more than 30 min

There's nothing wrong using military strategy in poker tournaments though :secruity:

O

olegshubin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that most players just play freerolls, as if they had only half an hour to live.

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to do this when I didn't have time but it never worked out. :D

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that ok

If you don't have enough time to play the full game.

Take high risk, try to just shove and double up, if you become super lucky and have a moderate stack. Leave and just min cash or better.

but I hate the people who dopple/trippel up an leave the table.

It makes no fun to play only wit 5 players and the rest is off...

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but I hate the people who dopple/trippel up an leave the table.

It makes no fun to play only wit 5 players and the rest is off...

Isn’t this the best type of table. 5 players and players have free blinds to steal.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say mate... this post resonated with me on a spiritual level. I've pulled this act so many times it's not even funny :icon_sant . Mostly with the $50 freerolls on ACR, though on occasion I'll actually shove every hand trying to find a coast-into-the-money stack in some micro tournies as well :D

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, I wouldn't start playing a freeroll tournament having only 30 mins available. In the tournaments I have been so far, 2 h is not so uncommon for a Tournament to take - sometimes they take even longer.

Apart from the discussion, whether or not it would be fair to shove each single Hand, I would not understand the Point of joining a Tournament where I cannot see the Hand. Even if you are lucky and create a big stack - if you sit out after 30 mins, chances are that your opponents have reached or surpassed you and you will blind out eventually.

As for me, I like to play tournaments not only because of chances to get free money, but also in order to learn and improve the play every day and because I like to take time for playing poker. If I don't have a lot of time to play poker, I would prefer playing a quick cashgame. If i don't want to spend real money, I would play with play money..

Cheers

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One thing about this post is quite illustrative.

Many of us play any tourney we enter seriously. And I think it fair to say we believe others take it seriously also. You credit them with having hands or making smart plays. With more experience you begin to realize many do not and it is not just occasionally but (regarding even the CC free rolls) more often than not.

In one sense it is good to respect and even fear your opponents but its also good when people openly admit they do not take the game seriously.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course I think, it is generally better to play them instead of sitting out somewhere.
But depending on the freeroll it can be already enough, just to register to come into the payouts. ;) This is/was often with some 888 level games like this. I would rather play a normal game and then sit-out, when I have to do something else after some time, than taking the risk to be busted with crazy all-ins the whole time.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean it is sometimes seriously funny. You watch a hand and you know SB is trying the hardest to not bust out. You also realize big blind is is AFK.

Hand goes like, SB flat call to 1 BB. Big Blind auto checks.
SB tanks for 15 seconds +5 seconds off the time bank. Check.
Big blind auto Check.
Turn: Same thing SB tanks.
Big Blind Auto Check.

SB min bet 1 BB. Big blind Auto folds.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players play all their freeroll as if they only have 30 minutes, sometimes I'm one of them :D

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not going to play it is better not to register, it is annoying of me that someone goes all-in just because they want to double with luck.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
If you only have 30 minutes, it is better to make yourself tea and take a cookie. I never start a game if I am in a hurry or have very little time.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If something comes up and you have to leave, just sit out. You don't affect the integrity of the game. Giving or letting someone win your entire stack in one hand does nothing for the game but give someone an advantage.

Never understand someone shoving all in and saying "have to go". It is irresponsible to do that and you have no regards to those participating. Let the table gather the blinds in hands they play.

Doesn't matter if it is a freeroll or not. What the hell you doing playing an MTT with 30 minutes any way?

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very important to multiply your stack several times when playing Freeroll. To enter the prizes, you usually need to beat out several people in all-in. Then you can enter the prizes.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is very little chance of winning prizes !!! It is better to spend this time more rationally !!!

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is very little chance of winning prizes !!! It is better to spend this time more rationally !!!

I mean it isn't a real game. Freerolls most of the time you have it on the background, while watching Youtube or Netflix right?

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freebee

i admit that now and then i will jump in a free roll and try to build up quick, and i have ended up cashing a few coins but most of the time i will try to play good careful poker.
In my opinion its all good, and i reserve the right to be irritated by others ,lol

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is not a strategy i go for. plan ahead and leave yourself some time to play