M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello everyone, I like MTTs, but I don't have much time to play them,because I have my main job, I have a maximum of 2-3 hours a day to play, but big tournaments take 8-10 hours. Recently, 888 poker had daily freerolls that lasted exactly 2 hours, and a player that lasted 2 hours,moved to the main Sunday tournament,with his stack. I really liked this format, I would like to see the same phased MTTs.I would like to know the opinion of the same novice players,like me.Maybe if there are a lot of us,poker rooms will hear us.Thanks for your opinions!

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Phased MTT sounds like a great idea. Sort of like a Satellite only entry.

If you lack time, you might try small field MTTs or on demand games. It is getting hard to find MTTs without a two hour late registration though.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its also a way for poker sites to create large price pools, because you can then usually play as many phase one, as you like, until you make it to phase two. I dont particularly love this format, but I dont hate it either.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its also a way for poker sites to create large price pools, because you can then usually play as many phase one, as you like, until you make it to phase two. I dont particularly love this format, but I dont hate it either.

Good point!

I also really enjoy phases tournaments and agree that it lessens many of the negatives of playing large-field MTTs verses other tournament formats!

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Phased MTT sounds like a great idea. Sort of like a Satellite only entry.

If you lack time, you might try small field MTTs or on demand games. It is getting hard to find MTTs without a two hour late registration though.
Small MTT-small prizes, but I want to fight for big prises:)

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now there are many staged tournaments. It is a pity that the stages are still too long. Let's unite together and do it. They will hear us.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am on the same boat with my day job often meaning I can only play MTT on the weekend.

I remember when I played at partypoker a couple years back they had a lot of these phased tournies for powerfest they worked quite well. Usually like you say the 'phase 1' lasted 2-3hours and then the qualifiers take their chip stack onto the final day.

They are great for the recreationals like us with less time but probably not so much for the regular grinders I guess.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I am on the same boat with my day job often meaning I can only play MTT on the weekend.

I remember when I played at Partypoker a couple years back they had a lot of these phased tournies for powerfest they worked quite well. Usually like you say the 'phase 1' lasted 2-3hours and then the qualifiers take their chip stack onto the final day.

They are great for the recreationals like us with less time but probably not so much for the regular grinders I guess.
I completely agree with you, and I think that poker rooms are interested in attracting players, like us, so such tournaments should be profitable for them.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also played in these tournaments. I also liked this format, and I even managed to win about $ 160 in the second stage of these tournaments.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of tournament is also to my liking. Two months ago, at pokerstars, I qualified from the satellites and won $ 70. But as a rule, they only take place during the poker series and this is a shame.