Online poker play helping my live results

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey CC community I just wanted to ask if anybody has had similar results as mine. I was without a computer for about 7 months so I wasn't getting my online time in. I noticed my overall win rate live was suffering a bit. I've now gotten back to online play and am playing multiple hours everyday. I've noticed that my win rate live has actually tripled in this time and am finding myself final tabling numerous events. I guess my question is does anybody else find that online play has a direct affect on live scores. Maybe it's just variance being on my side but I'm back to cashing a lot like when I was playing numerous online hours before.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some could be variance, sure. But I believe playing more makes you better. There are differences between live and online, but there are also lots and lots of similarities. Being able to play 100,000 hands will teach you a great deal. It better anyway. ha. And live, that takes a while. Online I can multi table and - if cranking - can do 7500-10000 hands. Live, 16+ hour session, I'll see less than 500 with a really fast dealer.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice makes perfect brother. Look at what professional athletes day 5days a week! They are constantly practicing and honing there craft. It makes sense for you to be worse out of practice and better in practice.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more hands and scenarios you encounter the better versed your game will be. I try to improve my game by studying previously played hands. I play many more hands online than live and those hands have developed my live game for the better. Watching better players on twitch had also been very helpful. Sometimes while playing I may recall a previous hand and if it was played successfully I try to repeat the decision process that was positive, or learn from my mistakes and obv choose a different path.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that this has nothing to do with you playing online and it will be the same thing in the live. online you do not see the dealer distributing the cards anymore live!

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd agree with the responses stating the more experience you have, the better you play (live or online, doesn't really matter).
So yeah, practice makes it perfect. Just take the best of two worlds and best of luck at the tables! :)

Organize a Home Poker Game