Online Poker Multiple Tournaments

T

TRocker69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On good days at online poker, I seem to find it easier to cash in tourneys when I'm playing in 2 or 3 tourneys at a time rather than sitting in just one,anyone else out there the same way?:p

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there, done that. I think too hard sometimes, so it helps me keep a fresh look. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
about 50/50 for me sometime i'm in 3 to 4 spread across two or three sites. on acr or bcp i'm always in the on demands when i'm in another game

Mike Bohanna

Mike Bohanna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that multitabling has 3 benefits

1. You are increasing your chance of a win as you are playing more games per hour
2. You are more likely to make the correct play without emotion as you are playing in more than 1 tournament so if you bust 1 you still have more to play
3. you see more hands so dont sit there for an our without playing

;)

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tipically I like to play at least 2 games at the same time. Cash and tournaments are good way

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried my life skill at playing with four tables. This is the best option to increase the bankroll. Three+, one-.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing single tables, my biggest scores come ffrom single tables even though I enjoy Multi tabling as well. Jeff Gross seems to share the same sentiment & high score (single tabling). Wish this was like Twotter where yo could tag someone I'd have tagged him cause i know he's active on here

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we play multiple tournaments at once, it gives us less time to overthink in certain situations. A lot of the time, our initial thought is the best choice.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely agree that playing more than one table at a time is good for you but there is a diminishing rate of return as tables increase. That factor differs for everyone. I find myself playing the best when I am playing two tables or three at the most. For me, once I pass three tables I start to play like garbage and feel I can't follow anything. Your threshold will be different but it is something you must know the answer to. Otherwise you will be losing money just from over extending yourself.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I typically fire up 4 tournaments, when I start playing. If I run deep and reach the final table, I usually stop buying into new tournaments, so that I can concentrate fully on the one, where the money jumps really matter.

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not play many tables, I definitely need to focus on one table

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have best results when I play 4 tables or less. More than that is to much for me. When I’m in situation to play more then 4 tables then I play only the strong hands, because don’t have time to think about playing and that affects to my chip count, almost every time I’m short stacked. So for me definitely 4 tables max

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general terms, multi-tabling forces you into a tighter overall style, and from what I've seen that would benefit many of the players I see in the micro and low-stakes MTTs.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four tables is my best too, because I'm more focused and observant than playing more than that.
Of course when I play one or two it's ok too but I'm getting bored and start watching youtube videos or playing chess simultaneously xD.

Also if more than 4 I start to lose attention and do many missclicks or run out of time with AA and many more such little nasty things xD.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may be easier for you to win when you play several tournaments at the same time because playing in this way is much more interesting, you don’t have to sit for long periods and wait for a good hand as it happens when you play in one tournament. More tables more hands with which you can enter the game and playing one table you get bored and without patience you begin to play weak hands, which in turn does not lead to the best result.

Dacruz27

Dacruz27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You definitely must play several tables at the same time in order to cash more money. I guess reducing the variance is the key.
Sure you can start at 2 or 3 tables at the very beginning and slowly increase the amount as you gain experience. Just don't rush it!