ONLINE POKER......ALL- IN EARLY?

P

PickyBronco1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is becoming more and more "competitive", in the way of 3 betting almost every pre-flop etc.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA KK QQ otherwise fold

Hey folks!I play a lot of online hold 'em and the majority of players go all-in early so that they can build a decent stack to contend for the bubble.
The problem is that if I get some decent hole cards, more often than not, at least one player (usually more) will go all-in.... Which puts me off playing my hand.
What would you do with a decent set of hole cards if it meant you had to go all-in to see the flop?

I echo what others have said. Even with AA,KK,QQ suckouts happen - quite regularly.

Also - watch the table and see how often people are shoving, watch what they flip over. If the guy(s) rebuy and they shoved A/8 o - you can bet they will be shoving light again, and you can collect their chips if you are in a situation with the correct hand.

Lots of aggro players will shove A/rag or unsuited broadways. Seems they'd learn the number of times they get lucky doesn't outweigh the times they do.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can do The Stop And Go to avoid that, I ranked second in the intellipoker open league making this move at the beginning of the tournament because they paid a lot of the allin but instead they saw preflop, but on the flop they folded, if you do not know the play consists to open preflop half of your stack and flop the other half.

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on buy in and all that Jazz. Ill go all in to build the stack

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you play freerolls or tournaments with micro buy-ins. then everything is clear. Start your buy-in growth, and you will find tournaments in which people play adequately, and not just wear luck. Recently, I was also interested in this question, I spoke with several experts and they advised me the same thing that I now advise you. In cheap tournaments, mostly fish plays, and very few prefessionals.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call with your premium hands, AK+ , and just fold everything else, If people are jamming big stacks early, they are fish, just be patient and wait for your oppotunity, to out play them post flop. there's no pont in getting into marginal +EV spots in a tournament, your survival is more important.

F

fish_on_tilt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
will this strategy work ?
late reg 10 mins b4 rebuy ending .
shove all pocket pairs. broadways. ace rags .

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your own style of play and the goal of the game. If you want to get into the prize money as often as possible, you should avoid multi-all-ins and only play with the best hands (AA, KK). If you really play to win you have to risk more of course. So if 2 players go all-in and you only hold a medium hand and decide to call you only need to win 33% of the time to play profitably in the long term. With multi all-in with 3 opponents, you would only need to win the hand in 25% of the cases - you can of course call much more loosely in this case. Of course, you don't know which hands your opponents are pushing and you often don't get the 25% if the opponents take away the required outs. It is and will therefore remain difficult. If you can fix the opponents on a hand range with which they push, this is definitely an advantage. The best thing to do is to filter out bad players (those who 3-bet with 82s and even call a 4-bet all-in with such crap) - there are really enough of this type of player in the lower game levels.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stages olin only with prem hands. stuffing the stack fish later will give it away. and fly out with a good card moving from below have time. you just need to wait until the donkeys are played.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey folks!I play a lot of online hold 'em and the majority of players go all-in early so that they can build a decent stack to contend for the bubble.
The problem is that if I get some decent hole cards, more often than not, at least one player (usually more) will go all-in.... Which puts me off playing my hand.
What would you do with a decent set of hole cards if it meant you had to go all-in to see the flop?

LOL i love this question and take it or leave cause who am i. I dont ill fold cause the first 3 levels only the pretend players who watch tv poker and have very little faith in poker strategy go all in. Youll have aces cracked and kings busted in this time frame. if you know the push shove charts wait and sometimes you gotta get it in. Thing about online is you dont want to get in early and you wait til all the fish are gone and then you play. look me up MRTURTLE WPN AND EAGLEACES12345 WPN AND YOULL see that im no joke at freerolls.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
LOL i love this question and take it or leave cause who am i. I dont ill fold cause the first 3 levels only the pretend players who watch tv poker and have very little faith in poker strategy go all in. Youll have aces cracked and kings busted in this time frame. if you know the push shove charts wait and sometimes you gotta get it in. Thing about online is you dont want to get in early and you wait til all the fish are gone and then you play. look me up MRTURTLE WPN AND EAGLEACES12345 WPN AND YOULL see that im no joke at freerolls.
hee hee hee hee :D

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
AA, AK, KK, QQ full speed ahead!:D:D:D:D:D

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players think it is right to wait for the fish to annihilate in the early stages. This is a fundamental mistake. It is the presence of mackerel that provides an opportunity to build a solid pension fund for the later stages. I easily move all-in early in freerolls with QQ +, AK. Quite often I get a call with holdings such as AQ, 88, etc. It is much uglier and more dangerous to open the pot with AA and play multiway with four fish (a sure recipe for bad beats).

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed an unpleasant moment. When I have a short stack of 10-15 blinds, it makes sense to go all-in with a good card. And very often it happens that when I go all in with 77-KK or AK-AJ, KQ-KJ, then there is a guy with a big stack and calls me with cards like T9, 98 or even any 2 cards and makes a straight or a pair and I lose 90 percent of such all-in. Tell me, is this a conspiracy?

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, this is the problem of many tournaments at the beginning of all olynyat... If we look at it from the perspective of chances, then in a multipot against 3-6 players, there is little chance of winning even on AA or KK... I would throw away the cards and wait for everyone to start playing positionally. It is stupid to leave the tournament at the beginning without showing your skills and learning nothing...The distance of the tournament is great and you will be able to increase the stack more than once, so it's stupid to go to olin against several players at once...

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Any all-in is a coin flip and especially when it comes to Free-rolls, In my mind I look at two possibilities or reasons for doing this.
1. Am I getting the right odds, if there are two or three players already all-in and I am holding a hand like A/A, of course I am calling because I can treble or even Quad my chip-stack if I win.
2. Am I in the right position, if there are two or three limper's in the pot, and I am holding A/A, then in order to reduce the number of players I might shove all-in to reduce the playing field and hope to double my chips at the very least.

Sometimes, I might try to slow play a huge pair like A/A and keep as many players in the hand as possible, but whichever way you play, there is always a danger of drawing dead and losing.
Doing this in a free-roll cost's you nothing and it might give you a decent stack with which to play with, and I have done it on-line and in live tournaments, but it all boils down to how I am feeling at the time. I always remember a line from "Dirty Harry" and ask myself "Do you feel Lucky Punk?"
If you are not calling with A/A then ask yourselves "What are you going to play with?" and if you cannot answer that, then why play?

When the fun Stops, STOP!

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
building a stack, with a called "Bungo" decission is the most reason why players play all in at a tournament beginning or the motivation to play is the reason why some players playing so aggressive that i understand but the only thing that you win is to hope for luck sometimes you have sometimes not when you buy in low with not much loss you can risk with higher stakes wait for your cards :D

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the start of a tournament, the stacks are large in relation to the blinds. So you can play according to the big stack strategy. Wait for good hands and play aggressively. You should also pay attention to your position. In late position you can play a larger hand range than in early position. Do c-bets when it is appropriate. You shouldn't have more than two opponents and the flop shouldn't be too draw-heavy. Example of a bad flop for a c-bet: JT8s. Many players hit something in this flop. Your goal in a c-bet is for all of your opponents to fold. In addition, you can hardly represent a strong hand. Example of a good flop for a c-bet: A84r. You can represent a top pair aces. Do resteals and steal blinds in the middle stages of the tournament. Blind stealing means when you are in late position (CU, BU) and no one has raised or called in front of you, you attack the blinds with a raise. But you should at least have broadways, suited connectors or pocket pairs. There is always the risk that an opponent will call. You can do resteals with AJ +, KQ or 88+. That means if your opponent raises you go all in and steal the dead money. You should pay attention to the position in which your opponent raised. If he has raised in an early position, you need AQ + or JJ + to justify a resteal.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you notice that a player at the table constantly makes an all in probably this fish is a big fish do not be afraid to respond to his attack with your own and in most cases the victory will be yours.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A Lot of bingo moves on online poker i guess

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time is the answer .. do you have time to grind out a win or do you hate to waste the time. I speak of freerolls. Sometimes it is "hurry or worry". lol

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In my experience, if I play tight early in a tourney and loosen up around the bubble.
I'm not ditching AA for nothing pre-flop, though I certainly prefer to fight head to head for a pot rather than multiway.

If you're heading in multiway, make sure you have a made hand or your premium hand is suited and connected. Otherwise you're moving away from stats and into gambling territory...which isn't really very good for the bottom line.

So look for your spots. Ideally you're going to be in position when you decide to shove. . And make sure you've got the right odds before you join in.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

N

NikiT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play more postflop, wait for your chance to see flop chip even with bad cards. or go allin QQ+ and AKs or AKo

N

NikiT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest question to ask in those situations is: How strong is my hand vs. multiple opponents? For example if you have Aces and are going to shove then you are 85% to win against one opponent. If 1 person shoves, then another and then you with AA then you are 82% to take them both down. But if you have KK and lower then winning chances reduce dramatically vs. multiple opponents. KK is a monster against one shoving opponent (82% to win), but against 2 opponents this goes down to about 67% which is like AK headsup. So your question about what are 'decent' hole cards is situation dependant. As a rule of thumb, I subtract 10% from my winning chances for each opponent shoving into the pot. So with QQ which usually about 80% headsup, i'll knock that down to 65-70% against 2 stacks.

The odds are important also. If you do have Queens and two people have shoved in front of you, and stacks are shallow in the late game then it's probably profitable to move in against them. Study splitsuit's pot odds vids on YouTube and get Equilab so you can start learning about hand strengths vs different numbers of opponents.

Rage

Great answer! it was very useful!