Online Bounty hunter tournaments

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was just wondering what people’s approach to playing these kind of tournaments are, do they tend to be good for bankroll building, just played for a Change of pace?how do people tend to approach them be aggressive from the start or steadily build your stack till your in a good position to start taking some bounty’s? I’ve played a few now but never really seem to profit from them

dopustim

dopustim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
knock out players?go all-in with 29, even.game without a brain.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bounty builder is certainly a specific tournament and I really like it. This is such a tournament playing in which you must have what is called "eggs"))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always show up in time, or at least shortly after, the tournament started. The reason is, I dont want to pay the full entrance fee and not even content for the full price pool, because some of it has already been awarded to other players.

In the early phase there are no big adjustments. But when it comes to situations later, where bounties can be collected, and stacks are uneven, you need to take into account, how the bounties change the EV for both you and other players to enter a pot.

Of course if you can collect a bounty by risking very few chips, that is very attractive, and it is also attractive for other players. On the other side, if someone has you covered, you have less incentive to call an all in.

Since you need to be a big stack to collect bounties, the format does reward a somewhat more aggressive and high variance style, but many players take it way to far. Which you can then profit from, when you pick up a big hand at the right moment.

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve never really thought of it in that respect of entering early on as there’s more time too get value for money, thanks for the input

A

AsbestosInferno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like the bounty hunter tourneys. Some hilarious and chaotic moments ensue as people just smack down anything if they have a chance at taking someone's bouny. I've been using them to improve my bankroll but primarily for fun. And I like the added element of EV being thrown about as a result.

I played one recently where one of the chip leaders took a massive loss and was worth $50 with the a stack less than BB (I think this was a $11 buy-in tourney). Was a fun watch...

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play normal, the tendacy to play bad cards when your facing a bounty you normally would not play cost you more times than not.

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does EV mean what you guys keep referring to in bounty tournaments

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EV = Expected Value. Its the amount of money or chips, you expect to win or loose from a certain situation on average. For instance opening 72 offsuit UTG will have a negative EV.

Exactly! Additional calculations in bounty torunaments needed. Because half of the prize pool consists out of bountys. So there could be a positive EV and a calling situaiton in a bounty tournament , which you wouldn't call in an ordinary tournament. There could be additional EV you have to calculate because of the relation from stack to bounty. Sometimes i might look like and donk call, but it's only at first sight.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Another thing, there are normally no addons and double rebuys, which, if you just want to enter once, does level the playing field

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was just wondering what people’s approach to playing these kind of tournaments are, do they tend to be good for bankroll building, just played for a Change of pace?how do people tend to approach them be aggressive from the start or steadily build your stack till your in a good position to start taking some bounty’s? I’ve played a few now but never really seem to profit from them

I love bounty games as you dont actually have to make it to the end to get a little something, but yes the players are crazy. When someone goes all in you'd think their small bounty was a Porche the way people jump all over it w bad cards to get it