17.8 KB · Views: 40
gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Big cooler here .. These deals or the like happen sometimes. They usually cost us a lot of chips, unless we have the nuts, then we take a big pot.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Both were nice hands, Poker is not always kind and sometimes finds a way to position you for a disappointing result. Deal the pain and let it be ....

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow.. no getting away from that one but at the same time no better feeling in poker when you have the stone cold nuts and a player moves all in again'st you 👌

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Situations like this will happen from time to time in poker, and it always sucks, when we are handed the losing end of the stick. However I am always more interested in the process, and if KK put in a 3-bet preflop, then I think, AJ should have folded. If however KK slowplayed preflop, then this was just a big cooler, and at least from the turn there was no way, AJ could avoid going broke.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Situations like this will happen from time to time in poker, and it always sucks, when we are handed the losing end of the stick. However I am always more interested in the process, and if KK put in a 3-bet preflop, then I think, AJ should have folded. If however KK slowplayed preflop, then this was just a big cooler, and at least from the turn there was no way, AJ could avoid going broke.
Well, I limped then he opened with x2.33, Flop I check-raised his min raised CB to half pot, he called. Turn I raised 35% of pot with my A full he jammed I called. River the only card that beats me, K

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My fav is hitting the A-hi flush vs. a straight flush. That's happened twice to me - once I had the nuts, once the 2nd nuts.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
worse situations have happened to me.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My fav is hitting the A-hi flush vs. a straight flush. That's happened twice to me - once I had the nuts, once the 2nd nuts.
I appreciate it more when flush beats fullhouse

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I limped then he opened with x2.33, Flop I check-raised his min raised CB to half pot, he called. Turn I raised 35% of pot with my A full he jammed I called. River the only card that beats me, K

Unlucky but you kind of did this to yourself by limping pre.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such situations occur quite rarely, so don't be upset - "distance will return everything")))

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're lucky enough to hit "second nuts", why wouldn't somebody be lucky to hit the real nuts?! Gotta know when to fold 'em!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I would not limp, and if you had raised and faced a normal size 3-bet, AJo can be folded, since you were both in early position. However had he made an undersized 3-bet, like he undersized his open raise, then you obviously have to defend, and then the cooler situation would still have happened.

Just a bad spot for both of you really. He had you dominated on the flop, you had him dominated on the turn, and on the river he came back to finish on top again. There is no way he can not stack off KK on the turn, even though he was way behind to your exact hand. From his perspective it was actually a good card, since he no longer had to worry about a straight or flush. In his shoes I am certainly not thinking, I am against AA, AK or AJ, when you just limped in UTG, and he block AK as well.