No deposits Only freerolls

BustyBusters

BustyBusters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing freerolls for the last week really makes me never want to make another deposit seeing all the High variance and Badbeats.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play only freerolls at a few sites. Sometimes it's worth it. I've started a couple of rolls thru the CC fr's. Win a little here and there 'til I've got enough to start playing in some cheap trny's and sng's and go from there.

Hootz

Hootz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's totally possible to grow your bankroll by playing only freerolls, that's what I've been doing.. it's kinda slow going lol, but it works! (I mainly play at 888poker, they have lots of freerolls) I find online poker always seems 'Globe Trotter'-ish... Where a lot of the time being dealt with a crappier looking starting hand will end up being the hand that was needed to have the nuts that round! lol. :bom: Does it seem this way to you too? (Or to anyone else?)

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way I would pay to play is live games. First off I just don't trust online poker enough. Secondly tilt comes easy with all the bad beats and donkey play. Third off there is just so many opportunities to build a bankroll from scratch. Last but not least I really love the challenge of doing just that.

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only freerolls at a few sites. Sometimes it's worth it. I've started a couple of rolls thru the CC fr's. Win a little here and there 'til I've got enough to start playing in some cheap trny's and sng's and go from there.

This is certainly good. But this is a waste of precious time. It is much easier to make a small deposit of $ 10 than to spend time on freerolls and collect the same $ 10 in cents.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been following this tactic of my poker game for a long time. From the very beginning when I started playing poker, I only deposit 10 dollars if it is necessary to withdraw money. I never play for my own money.

Flyair

Flyair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Of course, with such an approach to business, it makes no sense to think about a deposit. The factors you specified take place at any limits and at any stage. More experience, more knowledge - less variance. You will intuitively start avoiding these situations and keep them to a minimum. We keep the brand, friends.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I've been doing-no deposit, only withdraw.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is why today poker rooms with freerolls are the most popular among beginner poker players. After all, such tournaments open up excellent opportunities for players to earn stable income without a deposit.

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of effort for very little reward, you can enter a freeroll with a 4k starting field finish the tourney in 200th place play for 2 hrs a get a reward of 5c for your effort its not worth it, you make a small investment of ten dollars enter a 55c or 1.10 tourney if you make it into the money at least you are doubling your money but with all that said if you are still learning the game the freerolls are great starter

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you win only from freerolls, you can understand how hard it is to build a bankroll. Thus, it will make you appreciate the deposit in the future, if you suddenly want to top up your account.

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly was about to cash out in a free roll today but the site bugged for an hour and I came 1 place away from the cash out ;( The tears flow.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only way I would pay to play is live games. First off I just don't trust online poker enough. Secondly tilt comes easy with all the bad beats and donkey play. Third off there is just so many opportunities to build a bankroll from scratch. Last but not least I really love the challenge of doing just that.

Agree on every point.

No matter how you feel about freerolls or algorithms, it's still possible (even probable) you can get ahead if you have enough game. That's precisely what I enjoy about it all, beating the online set up and freerolls at the same time.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is why today poker rooms with freerolls are the most popular among beginner poker players. After all, such tournaments open up excellent opportunities for players to earn stable income without a deposit.

Exactly, its a way to continue to gain experience playing against top competition and earn money doing so

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Important is to have fun. And it’s a great way to start and learn a bit even not always with a good level of poker.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some times when it makes sense to make small deposits to reap certain benefits. These deposit incentives are rare and elusive but every once in awhile a good one pops up.

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My idea is to play without deposits, to be able to make a minimum bankroll and with that if you pay me tickets to tournaments, but in case of losing to use the freeroll as a springboard again, I know that the variance is greater, there are more people making marginal plays that will make you losing out of all plane, but still I like the possibility of having freerolls to make my bankroll

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's totally possible to grow your bankroll by playing only freerolls, that's what I've been doing.. it's kinda slow going lol, but it works! (I mainly play at 888poker, they have lots of freerolls) I find online poker always seems 'Globe Trotter'-ish... Where a lot of the time being dealt with a crappier looking starting hand will end up being the hand that was needed to have the nuts that round! lol. :bom: Does it seem this way to you too? (Or to anyone else?)

Yeah ive noticed that its a major fish fest early on, pretty much zynga poker style plays... divs calling 10/6o middle position to a UTG raise and UTG+1 reraise, to then win with a straight lol... it happens but its great for getting value on made hands! so patience and timing is key

V

vanish123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls have a lot of beginners and donkeys. playing poker without risk of losing any aquity makes it more a bingo then chancegame

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fREErolls

Playing freerolls for the last week really makes me never want to make another deposit seeing all the High variance and Badbeats.

I wouldnt put much in the high variance at the freeroll levels. PPL tend to get really attached to one specific type of game and apply that to all games. Weird i know but ppl do it. Remember If your fundamentals are solid and you dont be to fancy to often youll win them freerolls more often. The higher the buy in the game changes drastically. Guess im just saying Gto and all the strategy really dont make sense at these levels until you get to where the higher limits where everyone is playing GTO and Knows how to fold. Ppl on average think they are crushing it but are break even players or slightly Notice they a losing player cause of what ever. Real poker is played dont worry but before you get there you gotta put in the work thats why its called GRINDING and not ATM lol

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When u can control bankroll, u can survive under High variance and Badbeats.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spending time playing the freerolls is a good thing for those who are starting to set up a bankroll.:D

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the lack of rake and bad beats hurt the mindset a lot less in the freerolls compared to the buy in games good luck.:)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The challenge of freerolls only is the huge variance. Lots of poor play pre-flop, leading to lots of 'bad beats'. However, you will win more often because there are so many bad players. It teaches you patience, but it does take longer to build a bankroll.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree there is a great amount of variance in playing freerolls. However, the skills to make it to the middle game, late game, Final Table, and Win are the same.

The only thing different is you are risking nothing but time. The reality is if you can't final table and win a freeroll, then what makes you think you can do it when posting a buy-in?

Use freerolls for testing strategy, building small bank, and itching the bug when you want to half-ass a game.

I think they do have value. Especially for new players.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

Freeroll Passwords