Next Gen Poker, what do you see as future trends?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is always changing as well as the ideas of what is correct play. Open limping into a pot used to be scoffed at as always wrong and now it is very common especially in bounty tournament play.

Now there seems to be an increase in the number of players open limping the button as a recent trend.

Compared to yesteryear what do you see on the verge of changing as far as population tendencies go in the game today?

What do you think will change in the future but will take time to manifest as "correct play" or do you think that general population tendencies are approaching close to optimal now?

Do you feel that any of the current strategies accepted as "correct play" today are wrong and wont last?

What changes in the way the game is played have you recently noticed or think we will begin to see more often?

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id assume general population will start folding less to cbets and raising more to cbets (as pio recommends), though i mainly referring to rec players.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right and wrong play are very relative concepts. A little off topic, but after Black Friday when playing offline there was a very noticeable difference in the game of players who have the ability to play online and who is not. Then, the poker development trend was most noticeable, using the example of different player pools. Now I find it difficult to answer this question.;)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd like to see a two orbit sit-out penalty issued to players who pre-flop shove 3 or more times per orbit.

That'd clean up micro stakes and freeroll environment some. Put those maniacs and those who are 'just having fun' on notice. It would result in more serious play and provide a better practice/training environment for those who are taking those events seriously.

That'd be nice to incorporate over all the networks.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Put a limit on No-limit poker,,,, it's crazy,but it just might work! :eek:

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only poker will have even more bounty tournaments.
It cost me a few years to get used to this kind of tournament, but I'm starting to love them. The only negative side of these tournaments is that you can't late reg. for them.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was talking more in the aspect of general population tenancies in the current way the game of NLHE is generally played. Like, I think in the future there will be a shift away from defending the blinds in tournament.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the online poker will became similar to game o where everyone have similar chances to win. From one side there will be more hexa flop turbo gizmo competitions and from the other one the level of players will be equalizing.
At least No-limit Texas seems to be doomed.
I expect that the rules of Texas will change in some degree , or other games likes of Omaha, Horse will became more popular.