My MTT Strategies

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um.. you actually asked me to post on here and suggested I read your thread.... so I did. Didn't mean for my comment to come off sounding negative... and actually thought it was very positive.
Don't worry.. I won't 'pollute' it with my own thoughts on poker strategy (although I thought that is what adds to a forum?.. different individuals offering up their own experience/ideas... I guess I'm wrong).

Below is a Quote from wsop Spoiler Thread by Poker Orifice

<Quote poker Orifice> I thought Annie Duke's commentary last night was terrible.Her outlook on strategy was so ABC beginnerish basic it reminded me of someones MTT Strategy thread (worse even,lol)

I dont appreciate it,I have tried to help people and to have you talk your crap about me is unacceptable.

I give you this thread to do as you see fit,I hope everyone enjoys your thoughts and learns from them.

Snow :cool:

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Snow,

I've been reading this thread (start to finish) over the past couple days and have been very pleased. For me, a lot of the strategies here are things that I would consider myself familiar with, but the difference is that I am not actively thinking about these things at the table, and that is what this has helped me to do. It has really stimulated my thinking and allowed me to better plan my hands, which is a skill I have been lacking. I will continue to follow this and hope to keep learning how to be an active thinker. So thank you for your efforts Snow.

Obviously your tourney record is very impressive-- what I would like to know is what type of tourneys you are playing? How large are the fields, what are the levels like, are they deep stacked, etc...

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bumping this thread in hopes that Snowmobiler will get back in here and continue such a great useful tool for us here @ CC..

People will always try to ruin things for others..

Lets hear some more thoughts m8

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bumping this thread in hopes that Snowmobiler will get back in here and continue such a great useful tool for us here @ CC..

People will always try to ruin things for others..

Lets hear some more thoughts m8

+3 :)

peach68

peach68

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly... I think it's great that you're sharing your ideas with others here on the forum, giving them insight into how you play. It also sounds like many are benefitting from it alot and sounds like they really appreciate it. That is very cool.

Good job!

This ^^ sounded pretty good to me:confused:

Looking forward to reading more of this thread. It's always interesting reading about what other's are thinking about while they're playing on the tables.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bumping this thread in hopes that Snowmobiler will get back in here and continue such a great useful tool for us here @ CC...Lets hear some more thoughts m8

Amen, amen...

snow, come back, please...

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early in Mtts, i like to get in there and see some flops and try to hit a big hand and hopefully double my stack because chips = power.If I have more chips than others than I can control the table to some extent.You have to know the players at the table.The sooner you know how they play,the easier this game gets!If the people that act behind you like to call and see a flop,then i love hands like 67 suited,pocket 3s (to set mine).If you have people that like to raise and reraise,then I will fold these and wait for a better spot.I hate putting chips in a pot voluntarily, then folding (but this skill is necessary at times.)

Snow :cool:

Its tough for me to test these waters, playing these type of hands early because I've always played so tight early on in a tourney. But when it hits, it hits big. Thanks again Snow, hope your feeling better.

Attachments

• Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 34
JoeShowdown

JoeShowdown

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't think anyone would advise you to play hands like 46offsuit in middle position. Those are the trash hands. Even 46suited should be folded at that position. You're lucky to hit the straight on the turn and then if you got paid off on the river street then that player is really bad to donk it away with top pair weak kicker on an obvious straight possibility river.

Try 56 suited 78suited instead of the 46offsuit:cool:

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Backing up what joe said... That's a great hand if you have a limper or two and you are the small blind. Then you have been priced in to call the BB and see if that hand can catch anything. But in that early of a position, you don't really want to be playing hands like that except for very specific situations.

And if it were sooooted, you could even toss in a raise on the button if the blinds were tight. But anywhere before that, 46 is just looking for too much to go right to be worth it.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Joe and dg. I will definitely correct that early tournament range from total crap OOP to crap IP. Over the last couple of day as well as at a charity tournament at the Rotary last night I played a quality game in the beginning till I established a fair reputation for playing very tight then played a few of these type of hands. It allowed me to build a larger stack quicker than I normally would have.

Poker like everything in life is a learning experience and i appreciate your guys help.

Make a great weekend.

Chris