XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With a small bankroll, do you think its better to play smaller field MTTs with smaller guarantees and less late reg (and more chance of cashing), or bigger ones to try to hit a big score, or some combination of both? Right now I can only afford to play buy-ins up to $3.30 and maybe the occasional $5.50. I primarily play on ACR and also supplement buy-ins with CC and other free rolls.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whatever fits you best. some People don't have the Patience to Play a Tournament that lasts 6+Hours, others are fine with it.
with a small bankroll I think it's best to Play SnGs

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much is your BR right now? Honestly ACR has one of the worst MTT structures I've seen to this date. The late reg being open for 12-20 levels which is ridiculous. I'd say go for SNGs they're shorter and more profitable imo.
Good luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The larger the field, the larger bankroll you need. This is kind of common sense, because a lot of the payout goes to the top 3 finishers, and the larger the field, the more rarely you will reach top 3. So if you are using an aggressive bankroll management, and you dont have the option or desire to reload, you should stick to SnGs and small field tournaments.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise playing 75-80% of tournaments with a smaller field of players , and the remaining 15-20% playing tournaments with a big guarantee in the hope that you are lucky

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can always use satellites and sub-satellites. This will allow you to participate in tournaments with high buy-ins with minimal costs

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think the acceptable risk for a responsible player is 1-2% a day, from his bankroll. But to be honest, with a small bankroll it is better to play freerolls or at least in satellites.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, play tournaments with micro mtt secrets, such as Bounty tournaments. Play satellites to tournaments with micro-Bains. When you feel that you can go to tournaments with average Bain play them.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the option to play smaller fields go for it but keep in mind that the prizes will be small too for micros. And mix some big fields between those and maybe it works out

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Variance is higher as you play in bigger tournaments. I would play a mixed amount of each to be honest. 90% smaller player fiend and 10% in the bigger ones.

M

MeGaMiND

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how many freeroll can i play with cc ?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a small bankroll, do you think its better to play smaller field MTTs with smaller guarantees and less late reg (and more chance of cashing), or bigger ones to try to hit a big score, or some combination of both? Right now I can only afford to play buy-ins up to $3.30 and maybe the occasional $5.50. I primarily play on ACR and also supplement buy-ins with CC and other free rolls.

Lotta people suggesting SnGs. Contrarily I dislike the bingo nature of them. I much more prefer the larger field MMTs, although as mentioned above - ACR's MMT's are VERY lengthy with long late regs.

Personally I play in the 0.11 50gtd every night, I play at least one 0.55 buy in almost every night and I take a shot at one or two $1 or $2 buyin event once a week. Play the freerolls which aren't freebuys and play any KO / FREEZEOUT events that are $1 or under that start during my play schedule.

Sounds like your roll might be about double what mine is - so you if you are like me - you can adjust upwards with the structure above.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I look for MTT's that pay 20 percent of the players to be ITM. When the game only pays 5 or 10 percent of the players registered, let's just say, I don't do nearly as well.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
field

choose a field that you are comfortable playing with and a buyin that isnt risking much but allows you big gains. the problem with sit n go is that you have to play a lot of them in order to get to where you can if you finish in the final table of a regular MTT. If you can manage the up and downs i think MTT is a better way to go but sit n go level is easier depending on where you play

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys how about if I am playing at pokerstars with $20 bankroll? What should I play?

Tr0pik

Tr0pik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should deposit more money :D

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys how about if I am playing at Pokerstars with $20 bankroll? What should I play?
If you are on a 20 roll on pokerstars and if you will not ever play poker again, I would suggest play freerolls and build the roll up to about $200. I would also encourage you to not get discouraged at all and really study the game and just work on getting better. Lots of free content out there to get you going!! Just grind and have fun.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, since you are playing in ACR, which i did tot, i suggest you playing the Venom FR. It's like 1 FR every 2 hours to get a ticket to step 2.
Once step 2 onward, because the ticket worth $6.60 each, that means you will get PP and RP too.
By accumulating 100 CC, you get to exchange it for $1 and every 750 RP will get you $10
The higher venom steps you go, the more of these points you will get.
Also, if you manage to clear step 6 and get a Venom entry, that is worth $2500+$150.
You can actually sell this entry ticket for cash if you do not want to play in the final.
Find yourself any buyer at a discounted rate like 2500 instead of 2650. Go to ACR and contact the Cashier to do the transaction for you. Your ticket will be transfer to the buyer and he/she will transfer the credit into your ACR account.

At this moment, ACR having this Freebuy Series. Play it, play as many as you can....it's FREE

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you need to follow the rule of more than 100 buy-ins for MTT. If I have $ 300, then I won’t play in the $ 5.50 tournament. But for $ 1 I can play in the satellite for the same tournament.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management