Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Both, in my opinion.

I understand you wish to defend your BB, but the villain could have a flush draw, and when he makes the 180 bet on the flop your pot-odds are 33%. You basically want to see a 2 so you have only four outs. Calling here goes against math.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's a bad luck I think.

Pre-flop:

• He raise 3 BB (it means he has something decent as it's unusual by theory that you raise a low pair, you either call or min raise it)

Flop 33A:

• He bet 50% of pot (there is a possibility that he has either a 3 or an A and value betting / or he is bluffing).
  • If you believe he's bluffing, probably he did so several times before, your action is understandable as to make the pot small so you can draw a straight.
  • If you believe he has wide range, it is a bit mistake on your part. He probably raise preflop with any combination of High-Low card. Your odds to beat him is low, your outs is only 4 ( all 2 cards ), which is only 16.5% to hit on turn + river according to https://www.cardschat.com/odds-for-dummies.php
  • When you call, the profit will be 180:540 or 1:3 or 33%. The odds to hit the best combination is half than the profit you will take so normally you will fold. According to theory, you need to call with card that has higher percentage than the profit will be.
Turn:

• He check. Your action is proper as you still not hitting your best (keeping the pot low). However, it's time for you to think that opponent may have a good hand as the board is dry and he's trying to trap you on river (so 3 or A hypothesys probably correct). This is in an assumption that he's not bluffing.
River:

• All in here is also bad, A3 is still in range (which means he can has a Full house). If you want to bet you should bet smaller 25 - 50% of pot and if he raise, you better fold.

Well, that's my 2 cents. However, if I am in your position, high chance I will do the same mistake. Thanks for sharing, it makes me analyze what I read before.

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a bad luck I think.

Pre-flop:

• He raise 3 BB (it means he has something decent as it's unusual by theory that you raise a low pair, you either call or min raise it)

Flop 33A:

• He bet 50% of pot (there is a possibility that he has either a 3 or an A and value betting / or he is bluffing).
  • If you believe he's bluffing, probably he did so several times before, your action is understandable as to make the pot small so you can draw a straight.
  • If you believe he has wide range, it is a bit mistake on your part. He probably raise preflop with any combination of High-Low card. Your odds to beat him is low, your outs is only 4 ( all 2 cards ), which is only 16.5% to hit on turn + river according to https://www.cardschat.com/odds-for-dummies.php
  • When you call, the profit will be 180:540 or 1:3 or 33%. The odds to hit the best combination is half than the profit you will take so normally you will fold. According to theory, you need to call with card that has higher percentage than the profit will be.
Turn:

• He check. Your action is proper as you still not hitting your best (keeping the pot low). However, it's time for you to think that opponent may have a good hand as the board is dry and he's trying to trap you on river (so 3 or A hypothesys probably correct). This is in an assumption that he's not bluffing.
River:

• All in here is also bad, A3 is still in range (which means he can has a Full house). If you want to bet you should bet smaller 25 - 50% of pot and if he raise, you better fold.

Well, that's my 2 cents. However, if I am in your position, high chance I will do the same mistake. Thanks for sharing, it makes me analyze what I read before.

nice job.
in my opinion it's got mistake written all over it. you shouldn't have even played the hand.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop call is terrible, you don't have odds and position.
Flop call is terrible, you don't have odds.
River jam is terrible, villain still can have AA, A3, TT. You should bet half pot.

3 blunders in one hand lol. Good job, but it's not bad luck.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad game.

Preflop:

On preflop you don't have much equity and don't have position and initiative. You must play fold.

Flop:

You have gutshot and you don't have good pot odds to call. Fold

River:

Opponents don't have many fullhouse, but I won't play overbet allin, we rarely get paid. Bet-4betpush

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
In a normal tournament the preflop call is at least a bit more defendable. But this tournament has no antes until after several blind levels, and then this hand is a very clear and easy fold.

Flop
He bet the size of the pot, and you only have a gutshot on a paired board. This is another very clear and easy fold.

River
When he check back turn, it looks like, he has some kind of marginal showdown value like a T, a pocket pair or an A with a bad kicker. So you need to give him a price, which he is willing to pay with that kind of hand. When you bet 5 times the pot, he is just going to fold all those hands, you are trying to get called by and only give you action, when you are beat. This was a massive overplay and a punt.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You misplayed this hand from the start. But everything is explained by previous post.
Maybe want to ask why you didn't fold after pre/flop. WHY?

Preflop call is terrible, you don't have odds and position.
Flop call is terrible, you don't have odds.
River jam is terrible, villain still can have AA, A3, TT. You should bet half pot.

3 blunders in one hand lol. Good job, but it's not bad luck.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t understand why you even played with this garbage !!!