measuring success for micro stakes (<$5) sng/mtts players

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm a life long micro stakes sng/mtt player and i typically only look at roi (whatever's available to me via sharkscope) and having my bankroll slowly, and i mean slowly, creep up. i don't even dare to look at my hourly rate because if that were my measure of success, i might as well just quit. curious how others in similar situations go about measuring your success

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assuming you are a recreational player (because you are playing micro stakes), why would you even care about your hourly rate? That's like going fishing and stressing about how many fish per hour you are catching. As a recreational player your main reward is in playing poker, you are doing it to relax after a hard day at work (that's where we need to pay attention to the hourly rate, at our jobs). I'm not saying we need not care about improving the quality of our game, but you are obviously not doing that since your bankroll is slowly creeping up over a long period of time, which in itself is an indication of success more so in my opinion than if it was growing fast over a short period of time.

Last edited: