Major tournaments via free satellites

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone. Free satellites are often held in various rooms in several stages for major tournaments with great guarantees. Players in such tournaments behave insanely. Sometimes it seems that in such tournaments you can win, relying only on luck. Have you ever won tickets in such satellites? With what denomination? And have you taken places in tournaments with great guarantees by entering them with a winning ticket?:cool:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I often play satellites, but I usually choose slow tournaments. I don't like turbo or hyper satellites because it's actually a bingo game. I have won valuable tickets many times and thanks to this I was able to significantly increase my bankroll.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My experience… I’ve played many many large buy in games from sats,
To play bigger games where you can win a nice chuck if change from, this is the way to go.
Proper bankroll management should still be used, but to play games your BR wouldn’t normally allow…why wouldn’t you try?
Just know if you’re a small stake player that the dynamics of big games is much different, but isn’t it worth the shot???

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've won a few tickets in the past and made some profit in the linked MTT.

Like mentioned already, there are different formats available for SMTTs and you only need to find some that work for you.

As for the crazy random play - yes, sometimes this happens, in which case you should consider whether maybe someone is just trying to build a massive stack using cheap rebuys, or if something else may be going on?

The downside of SMTTs is that there's sometimes a major commitment of time for a very tiny possibility of actually winning the seat that you are looking for. I'm sure there is some math to figuring out whether or not a satellite is worth playing, but after a while you get a feel for it.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you those free satellites are just a recipe for disaster. You get players going all in with any kind of garbage. I have never won a ticket from one of these tourneys. I play in the late at night games here in Vancouver B.C. canada and these games are out of control! They are called High roller club.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If only cardchat would have much more satellites nowadays ...

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many crazy people not only in free satellites. You need to choose only those satellites in which a lot of tickets are raffled, otherwise nothing will help except luck. In 2020, I won a satellite ticket to the tournament for $ 109 and got into the prizes.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot of free satellites and never won a ticket. At the same time, I noticed that often playing such games, the skill of the game deteriorates, since there are incredibly many crazy players. Because of this, it is sometimes difficult to evaluate your hand and make the right decision

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult but possible, I have won quite a few in the last month or two on 888 free rolls. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play them all due to work, and they are not interchangeable tickets. The ones I did play I washed out in. Oh well. At least I got the points and leveled up !
I do like that they are hyper turbo. I wouldn't bother with them if they were regular speed.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have always thought that playing this type of tournament is very good, because you only invest your time in playing each tournaments, I have won some tickets but I think none of very high value, $ 11, $ 55, unfortunately I have not been able to achieve good results when I play the ticket, but keep trying

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always thought that playing this type of tournament is very good, because you only invest your time in playing each tournaments, I have won some tickets but I think none of very high value, $ 11, $ 55, unfortunately I have not been able to achieve good results when I play the ticket, but keep trying
In general, I also continue to play them, despite the fact that in my opinion my skills are deteriorating. The hope that I will win a ticket to the tournament with a high guarantee and enter it into prizes warms my soul

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone. Free satellites are often held in various rooms in several stages for major tournaments with great guarantees. Players in such tournaments behave insanely. Sometimes it seems that in such tournaments you can win, relying only on luck. Have you ever won tickets in such satellites? With what denomination? And have you taken places in tournaments with great guarantees by entering them with a winning ticket?:cool:
As a rule, such free satellites accept a huge number of participants, and there are quite a few prize places, which makes such tournaments extremely unprofitable in relation to their personal time. but if you have a lot of free time, then this is the place to be, but you will rarely win in them, be prepared for this

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played only with the tickets I won. I got to the minimum payouts in tournaments, which for me were beyond my bankroll and I was happy. I don’t play for my money in satellites.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I won the $55 buy in for the $5M GTD recently via a free satellite , freebuy , made an add-on for 10c and that's it . It's very hard , you need to focus , make strange moves , folds , but you can do it

It's free , the add on is very cheap compared to the target value , on PS at least it worths the time

I also played on 888poker in the past , won many times free tickets $5.50 or $16.5 , once a $33 ticket . Now they left from Greece , I missed them .

Poker Tells