Looking at remaining players in a tournament

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else check to see where they are among remaining players like, wayyy too much?? I feel like its probably not a good thing.

I tend to play differently based on where I'm ranked among the remaining players in a tournament. If I'm one of the shorter stacks I tend to be a little wreckless. If I'm around the middle of the pack I tend to just wait for a good hand and (typically don't make the best poker play). If I'm one of the bigger stacks I tend to be very reserved and not very aggressive.

I hope I can learn to not player watch, make the best poker plays regardless of remaining players and not get all nervous towards the final few tables.. Good Luck Everyone

DaFrank

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to overly look at the leader boards in the tournaments I played dreaming of Vegas and the f*cking Mirage. I stopped because I felt it was distracting me from the work I still had left to do in the tournaments.

As far as switching up your play style based on your stack size and blind levels and position. That's a good thing!

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else check to see where they are among remaining players like, wayyy too much?? I feel like its probably not a good thing.

I tend to play differently based on where I'm ranked among the remaining players in a tournament. If I'm one of the shorter stacks I tend to be a little wreckless. If I'm around the middle of the pack I tend to just wait for a good hand and (typically don't make the best poker play). If I'm one of the bigger stacks I tend to be very reserved and not very aggressive.

I hope I can learn to not player watch, make the best poker plays regardless of remaining players and not get all nervous towards the final few tables.. Good Luck Everyone

DaFrank
Most of the times i have the lobby closed so i cannot see the remaining people because it stress me out, i think more about the money and not about my play.. So i just have it closed and im more relaxed and focued.

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always follow the lobby, with some stack and at what point, it often helps in making decisions in the game

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually put my chat on info and track my position the entire game. I don't change my play due to position I just like to know how I'm doing.:D:D

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is like checking your balance in the cashier to see how well you are doing for the day. I don't think it's a good idea to be obssessive about trying to win. It could make your decision making worse than normal. I frequently check how I'm doing compared to the remaining players though. Sometimes I have to change gears and play differently.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of satellites. And the ultimate goal is not to win a satellite, but to get the entry ticket.
Therefore I often check my position and how many players remain, which usually means every 10-15 minutes.

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That´s a good question and unfortunately I tend to be one of those players who look to often... It definitely influences my game. Sometimes it has a clearly negative effect but sometimes it positively influences my game. All in all my target is to prevent it from happening too often.

Greets!